PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Thanks for all the interest. I'll check to see what the cost is to ship to the UK. Hoppes

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
..really loving this thread. Back in the day, Smokers Forum had this sorta' thing going on and it really impressed me. There were always lots of box passes as well. Yeah, a few clowns ran off with the entire box of baccy and were never heard from again but overall it was good fun. It brought out the best in pipesmokers and for a whie I had a sense that there really was a real brotherhood of briar lovers that got along despite the differences. Lately, not so much. Or maybe I ain't just seeing it. In my experiences it seems the ones with the least seem to give the most. Funny how that is. But hey, this is inspiring and a breath of fresh air.
I'll have to dig through my stuff and see what I have to gift away.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Good job Kola !! I just love working with briar wood and taking an old battered pipe and making it beautiful again. I also love the history involved. When I'm working on a pipe it makes me go find and learn its history. Not many items today that one can hold in ones hand and appreciate that it is 80 or 100 years old and still functioning perfectly. It also teaches patience and appreciation for the skills of years ago when many things were done by hand. Just my two cents ! Hoppes

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
OK Folks. Here's the outcome of the two pipes, Hardcastle and Hilson. I wanted to do this gifting in a fair manner as possible. I don't have a random number generator so I used the next best thing: the wife number generator. I had more people interested than posted here. So I wrote the names on slips of paper---put them in two hats (for each pipe). After suitably shaking the hats my wife picked one from each. Here are the winners!!!
Hardcastle pipe--------Aquadoc

Hilson pipe--------Oldmansmoking
If the winners will PM me with their full names and addresses, I will get things shipped out(yes, I will post to the UK)

I hope this was a satisfactory way of doing things. If someone has a better method please post it for future giftings.

Thanks to everyone for their interest. This was fun ! Hoppes

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Thank you so much hoppes I am very surprised and grateful, will post on forum when it arrives. PM with address sent.

Thanks again.

Kind regards George

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I was the lucky winner of “hoppes” Hilton pipe giveaway. It came today from the USA very quickly.

Chris added a black softbit and some Kramer’s Father Dempsey I was shocked.

The pipe is virtually new looks like an acorn, the mouthpiece has two draw holes, a pipe cleaner will go through each hole without any problem.

The tobacco is a delight stacks of Latakia if I am not mistaken.

I am internally grateful.

Thank you Chris.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Glad it got to you safely. Hope it smokes well. Hoppes

PM sent

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Just clarifying. The original post on this thread indicates the items being given away are to be designated for 'newer pipe smokers' to help them get going. I'm not calling out any established smokers / members for grabbing pipes / tobacco, but just asking if the original intent changed along the way? If it's supposed to be for newer smokers, might want to change up the title to something like "FREE Smoking Items For Newbies".

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
The original post on this thread indicates the items being given away are to be designated for 'newer pipe smokers' to help them get going.
"....new pipe smokers or those who want to try something new in their pipe smoking experience, a chance to get a free pipe, lighter, etc. "
I think there's another thread strictly for newbs?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
OK. Back to the fun stuff.
I have a 3 ounce baggie of Scotty's Angler's Dream, minus one bowl.
Many like it. I do not. In fact, it's the first and only blend I've bought and just can not smoke.
It's the cinnamon.
If you think this is for you, let me know.
By accepting this tobacco, you agree to the fact that you will get it not in a hurry.
I estimate 1-3 weeks for me to get off my bum, hobble on my bad foot to the bike and dodge texting asshats all the way to the post office and back.
jay-roger.jpg

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Culling some of my pipe collection that I will never smoke. Starting on the left and working to the right, there are 8 pipes:
1) Kaywoodie Sterling: had a defect from the factory. It has a small darkened spot on top of the stem, that may burn out. As per recommendation from P and C defect is covered by clear nail polish.

2) Straight basket pipe from my local shop. Says nothing but Italy.

3) Bent basket pipe from my local shop. Not drilled perfectly, and gurgles more than I would like. Only Italy as above.

4) Yello Bole Imperial.

5) Yello Bole Burley (Brylon).

6) Ropp Cherrywood (estate pipe, could never free it of a fruity ghost)

7) Dr Grabow (estate pipe, pretty beat up, but still smokable)

8 ) New Missouri Meerschaum Eaton corn cob pipe.
I would like these pipe to go to at most two people to save on shipping
20180406_134705-600x450.jpg

20180406_134740-600x450.jpg

20180406_134747-600x450.jpg

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
The first five pipes of the 8 are lightly smoked. No more than probably 10 smokes through each.
I haven't really cleaned any of these, so I will leave that up to the the receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.