PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I am starting a new 'give away' thread that is aimed at helping new pipe smokers or those who want to try something new in their pipe smoking experience, a chance to get a free pipe, lighter, etc. Please list your item here.

My suggestion is that 'first come first served' doesn't work well for a forum, due to the fact that we are scattered all over the world and that some of us have to work for a living. :)

So, let's do this thread this way:
- List an item you want to give away, for FREE. (No sales, trades, etc)

- You will pay the postage to the winner's home. (I must limit my 'sending' to the USA due to shipping costs)

- Anyone who wants the item must reply to the thread, stating interest in the item, and send a PM to the giver.

- Set a date for the listing to end.

- Choose a winner randomly from the PM responders and post the winning name on that date.

- Correspond in private with the winner about shipping info.

- Done deal!
This will give everyone who is interested a chance to win. Let's have fun!

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
So, up for grabs is a bit of briar. An old St. Claude pipe from a bunch of estate pipes I got. It is clean, but I want to do a bit more work on the stem and give it a good polish yet. So, if you want this, give me a few days to get it finished. I prefer bent pipes, so you WIN. I will include a couple of samples of tobacco from my meager stash too if you want. If you let me know your preference, (aromatic or not) I will try to pick something. (Not a DEEP cellar here for sure) 8) (due to shipping costs, I must limit this offering to the USA)
37571539062_c5f74559ae_z_d.jpg

This listing is open for one week, until October 17th. PM me if you are interested in this and I will draw a winning name on the 18th of October.
Also, reply to the thread please, if you have interest in this.

May 4, 2015
Yay, a new pay-it-forward thread! Love these. Thanks, Ken.
I'll do a couple more samplers! Indicate which you'd like and send me a PM. Not necessarily first-come-first-served. Each will include some other random stuff as well for fun.
SAMPLER 1:
Penzance

Elizabethan Mixture

Autumn Evening

C&D Big and Burley
SAMPLER 2:
HH Vintage Syrian

H&H Anniversary Kake

Crème Brulee

Brown Bogie
*US Only, please. I apologize in advance.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
@Nevadablue - I'd be interested in the St. Claude. No polishing or additional stem work necessary. Thanks for your generosity, I hope I win it. :)

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I hope it takes off too. Remember that my offer above is open to anyone who wants in, for a week. Then there will be a drawing for a winner.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Drawing day. I did have a second entry by PM. There was no reply in the thread, but I still used the entry. So, with 2 entries, the chances are 50/50. I used a random number picker and the winner is mayfair70! Congrats Michael. I will get this in the mail for you.

Here is the screen shot of the pick.
37105343873_1a4a6b8302_z_d.jpg

Edited to add, The first entry I received was number 1 and the second one was number 2. One Won. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.