PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
What a brutal game. The OT I saw (1st OT, fell asleep after), the players were all pretty tired and sloppy. The earlier play was much better. This has all the looks of a 7 game, battle royale series. (

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Great game. Boston looked pretty tired in the first but they turned it on in the second and third. I'm liking that new Paille, Kelly, Seguin line. A lot of speed, character, and determination amongst those guys. Should be fun to watch. Can't wait for Game 3 in Boston on Monday.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think that's why Boston swept Pitt and has stayed so close with the Hawks is their role players. There really isn't a fourth liner on the Bruins. Even the third d pairing would probably a second unit on most teams.
I'm just afraid of the offseason. Horty is a UFA, Rask an RFA, Ferrence I believe is a UFA, as well as Khudobin. We still have Svedberg playing well in Providence and Malcom Subban coming up the ranks to replace Khudobin and with Krug and Bartkowski having a solid post-season along with Hamilton's regular season I think we could afford to lose Ferrence to make cap space for Rask/Horty but keeping them both will be tough.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I can't see the Bruins letting Horton or Rask go at this point, two key players, especially Rask.

Good game last night, these overtime games are killing me though! And judging by these first two, there is no lopsidedness going on here. This series looks to truly be anyones game . . .

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Big game from Rask and the Seguin/Paille/Kelly line. Jagr had an amazing pass across the net mouth to Begeron on the PP. Boston's looking good. Also, it can't fair too well for Chicago that now Bickell has poked the bear.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
How am I bumping this thread again after that game last night?? My team was out weeks ago...
Big win for the Hawks on a sloppy night for the goalies. When Boston tied it at 5 in the third, I thought my TV was going to blow from the roar. 3 OT games so far, I say game 5 goes to OT too...

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Most exciting of the series for me, though it was far and away the sloppiest for each team. But it seemed like when Boston was playing at their worst Chicago was at their best, and then they'd reverse.

rthbaum

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2012
I only got to see third period and OT of last game. I thought for sure that the Bruins were going to win. They out chanced the Blackhawks what seemed to be about 3 to 1 in OT but just could not bury one. Props to the Hawks for holding on and finding a way to win (even though they beat my Kings). I think the winner of game 5 Saturday will take the series. I truly believe the Bruins have been the better team and Hawks have gotten some good breaks, like the foot wide shot that went in off a Bruin skate that tied game one in the third. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. I am rooting for Bruins in light of what the city had to go through with the marathon bombing and the fact that the Hawks took out my Kings. How ever it goes hockey is the best team sport on earth and the only sport I watch anymore.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I knew that could pull it out! Don't really like either team, but I was rooting for The Hawks. All I care is that the playoffs were awesome this year. Seriously great hockey all around!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'm still blown away by that ending, I was looking forward to Game 7.
No more hockey until the fall... :crying:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
After all of the diving, cheap shotting, and horrible goaltending from Chicago in that series I can't congratulate them. I will congratulate Boston on one hell of a season though. If any team deserved the Cup it was definitely that one. BOSTON STRONG!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Classy response, lordofthepiperings.
This victory is all the more meaningful because the Hawks defeated one of the best.

Blackhawk_zps8179c291.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.