Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
They have far more relevant issues to cover, like the ongoing saga of Bat Boy. View attachment 222541

In 2016, I did an oil painting of my friend Jeremy for his birthday. He's into hippos, Satanic stuff, and was in the Navy. He loves the Weekly World News. I did custom accents for the frame that included a sculpt I did of Batboy. Below is the boxed, completed painting from the night of his birthday on February 9th, 2016, followed by detail shots taken prior.

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

Jan 27, 2020
In 2016, I did an oil painting of my friend Jeremy for his birthday. He's into hippos, Satanic stuff, and was in the Navy. He loves the Weekly World News. I did custom accents for the frame that included a sculpt I did of Batboy. Below is the boxed, completed painting from the night of his birthday on February 9th, 2016, followed by detail shots taken prior.

View attachment 222585

View attachment 222592

View attachment 222596

View attachment 222597

View attachment 222598

While very much not my taste...that is very impressive! Where did you get the custom frame made? Is it 3d printed?

Reactions: Zero

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
How can we persuade people to vaccinate themselves and their children
Oh, gee, I don't know, let's see...maybe stop lying about safety and efficacy and hiding the data...and instead start producing non-toxic vaccines with full disclosure of the ingredients, and that have actually been fully and rigorously safety tested.

And make the manufacturers legally liable for whatever injuries or deaths their products cause.

But we all know the above will never will happen, so you go right ahead and roll up your sleeve if you want...I'm sure as hell not.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Oh, gee, I don't know, let's see...maybe stop lying about safety and efficacy and hiding the data...and instead start producing non-toxic vaccines with full disclosure of the ingredients, and that have actually been fully and rigorously safety tested.

And make the manufacturers legally liable for whatever injuries or deaths their products cause.

Wut???

That sounds like you are implying the multi-trillion-dollar Medical Industrial Complex controls govenment agencies, media outlets, and political officials and manipulates them for financial gain regardless of any harm that might result.

Which would violate the hippocratic oath.

Therefore, it simply cannot be happening.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021

View attachment 222585

View attachment 222592

View attachment 222596

View attachment 222597

View attachment 222598
Wicked 😈

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Pretty sure I don't care what's happening in New York, I expect there's enough time for folks to respond before it sinks into the ooze.

The way folks pick and choose what science they believe is something I think about, but there appears to be no rhyme or reason to it. Some say they don't believe in climate change but they aren't going to purchase oceanfront property WUT???? Local headlines here in NC show multiple oceanfront neighborhoods being reclaimed by the sea due to rising water levels from artic, and antarctic melting -- sounds like climate change to me.

Anti-vaxxers are another puzzling group. They seem opposed to COVID vaccines I guess because of some thought that those vaccines in particular are harmful. It can't be a philosophical issue with vaccines writ large as you don't hear any advocacy for getting rid of polio, scarlet fever, smallpox, MMR, tetanus, and other vaccines. Most anti-vaxxers I know dutifully vaccinate their pets for rabies -- can't make this stuff up.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Why people won’t get their shots and would rather risk death is fear, ignorance, superstition, plain hard headed cussedness, and liberal parenting while growing up.

None were raised up Campbellite. Our mothers would have slapped us until we were more than willing to get our shots, had there been anti vaxxers then. There was no option left to us, than to do the responsible, correct thing. Conservative parenting would avoid such behavior as not getting vaccinated. For a long time in this nation children have been given liberty unimaginable in a strict old time Christian home.

Now, will New York someday sink into the ocean, from whence it came?

It’s none of our business and beyond our control.

The sea level has changed and will change again as it has for billions of years before man walked in the Garden.
—-

OVERVIEW​

New York’s Sea Level Has Risen 9” Since 1950​

And It's Costing Over $4 Billion​

The sea level off New York’s coast is up to 9 inches higher than it was in 1950.1 This increase is mostly due to the slowing of the Gulf Stream and New York’s sinking land, and it’s causing major issues. In places like New York City, solutions can be complex because of the city’s unique location, vast network of underground railroads, and proximity to other large coastal cities. With nearly half of the state’s residents living in marine counties, sea level rise puts New York’s people, resources, and economy atrisk.2 There are already over 30,000 properties at risk from frequent tidal flooding in New York.3 The state is planning over $4 billion in sea level rise solutions, which include raising roads, fixing drainage, and building seawalls.

Sea level rise is speeding up​

The sea level around Battery, New York, has risen by nearly 9 inches since 1950. Its speed of rise has accelerated over the last ten years and it’s now rising by 1 inch every 7-8 years.1 Scientists know this because the sea level is measured every 6 minutes using equipment like satellites, floating buoys off the coast, and tidal gauges to accurately measure the local sea level as it accelerates and changes.4

——

The tides in New York Harbor are about four to six feet.

3:42 AMlow-0.24 ft.
9:32 AMhigh 4.63 ft.
3:38 PMlow0.22 ft.
9:39 PMhigh5.51 ft.

—-

At one foot rise a century in about five hundred years they might need taller levies, you know?

Jan 27, 2020
Some people here certainly spend a lot of time expressing how they feel about not caring about something that might or might not be happening to a place that they don't like but likely never even visited because they heard from a neighbor or whoever how their hubcaps were stolen on a trip to that place in 1992.