PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
Hello Everyone,

My name is Eugene, I started pipe smoking just a year ago, and for all this year was quietly lurking on a forum. Practically everything that I learned about elusive art of pipe smoking came from this forum and from my pipe smoking friend at work. Thank you guys for the great posts and discussions!

I live in Davis, CA (now I know why I choose California, when came to US - you can smoke outside all year around). So far I am staying with English/Oriental tobaccos, and over this year tried around 4 dozens different blends. I never though that I have such a strong will, I was able to resist PAD, and finished this first year only with 14 pipes (all briars and one morta, no meer's or cob's yet, I guess it will keep my PAD alive). Continue to learn how to smoke slowly, and to avoid "tongue bite", working on improving my packing technics, trying to distinguish different tobaccos, so just typical beginners steps..

Thanks again, and looking forward to stay in touch

gsmunn

Lurker
Apr 29, 2016
Hey everyone, Graeme here from the rather beautiful Scotland and one of the many younger (ish) pipe smokers cropping up these days.
Started smoking pipes last spring and been enjoying it ever since, although took a break during the winter as my better half doesn't let me smoke in the house!

jmvdhaene

Lurker
Apr 7, 2016
Greetings and salutations! My name is Jon and I hail from the Great Smoky Mountains in East Tennessee. I've been smoking pipes for about 10 years now since I was 18. I grew up working a tobacco farm in my youth so naturally I was destined to take up the briar. As of right now my PAD is under control for the time being, but I'm currently on a quest to find the perfect VA and/or VA/PER Flake for my palate. My next undertaking is to dive into Latakia blends (after buying more pipes of course). I will admit for the last years I have "lurked" this forum extensively for useful information for anything related to pipe smoking and would like to thank you all for the time and effort you have all put forth in making this the premier forum for the hobby we share. Cheers! :puffpipe:

briarcudgel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 6, 2016
Hello all. You can call me Al. I've rediscovered pipe smoking after many decades. I started collecting pipes and building a cellar about two years ago. I'm still learning and checking into all things related to pipes and tobacco. I have mostly been smoking English blends, and have recently started to get into aros. Always trying to find that magic blend.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Hello everyone,
I am Ahmad, from Egypt. I have got into pipe smoking recently. Got 2 pipes as a memoir from my late dad. Then I decided to try his Falcon extra, and I fell in love. I tried a few tobaccos and I got hooked on pipe smoking.

I have now ordered another two pipes, Falcon extra bent with Istanbul bowl, and an absolutely gorgeous Peterson Dracula 999. I also have a Pierre Morel from my dad, but unfortunately its stem is stuck in the shank and I can't seem to get it out without breaking it. So, it is decorative for now.
N.B. The moustache isn't permanent. It was part of my winter beard and I thought I could take a photo with and my trusty falcon in a vintage look

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Same happened to me, you need to add it in your profile again, and once for your forums profile or so. Then it will show up

May 14, 2016
Philadelphia
Ok here goes, I will (try) to keep it brief...
My name is Joe Riggs, currently based out of Philadelphia. Most people know me as an internationally acclaimed Mentalist, Deductionist & writer, yet my obsession with pipes and pipe smoking has finally motivated me to seek out others and join the community.
I've always been fascinated with pipes and pipe smoking, long before I started smoking them myself. I am a lifelong Sherlock Holmes enthusiast and my work that I do if mainly inspired by him, so, I always romanticised the Calabash and his "Three Pipe Problems," hence my user name.
A year ago I finally decided to dive in and start smoking a pipe. I fell instantly in love. Despite having started on a drug store Grabow. I still don't have many pipes yet, 6 or 7. Favorites being a rusticated Savanelli Long John, and an Aldo Velani I recently picked up.
The Long John was an estate I restored. Absolutely addicted to restoration now of course, thanks YouTube.
I spend over an hour a day watching YouTube videos, from restorations to yabos, transfixed.
In closing, I am very excited to be here and to get to know everyone. I have absolutely no one to talk pipes with and it's driven me mad. I can't wait to accumulate more pipes, as well as try new tobacco's. Right now I'm on a Nightcap kick.
That's all for now,

Joe Riggs
TheWorldOfJoeRiggs.com

The Pipe Professor

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2016
Kentucky
thepipeprofessor.com
Hello Pipe smokers!

My name is Kyle and I can't believe i have managed to miss this site, forum, and radio show over the past 4 years I've been smoking a pipe. A little about me, I have been smoking cigars for 10+ years and added a pipe to my leisurely smoking practices about 5 years ago. I started, and continue, to be a part of the YTPC under the handle (Hamish McDowell) and am a cigar reviewer for two websites (The Cedar Box and Blind Man's Puff). Looking forward to contributing and building more friendships here on the forum. Cheers!
Kyle (kaleehb)

rolferst

Lurker
May 14, 2016
Hello!

Thank you for accepting my membership. I have been on and off pipes for the last 35 years.

Born and raised in Norway, the country where tobacco is more expencive than gold.
-Rolf

May 15, 2016
Hello gents,
I am 39 year happily married guy with two kids. Just got some pipes from my stepdad who passed away. Started researching, learning, watching videos, and experimenting. I have a lot of questions, so I came here. Hope to learn from the good people of the forum.
Mike

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Howdy y'all.
I use to post here a fair amount but I've returned after vanishing for some time. Got into pipe smoking after graduating high school 6 years ago because my friend's father is a pipe smoker. Been hooked ever sense.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Hey guys,

Ive been a piper for about a year now. I started off with cigars but my interest moved to pipes due to prices being what they are in Canada. I fell in love with it instantly. Turns out I'm a third generation piper. My dad being a closet pipe smoker, just recently told me about his secret pipe collection, and his love for rum flavored tobacco. I wonder if pipe smoking is an inherited trait? I am still in the process of trying out everything. I own several cobs, a couple of briars, and a pressed meer that I bought at an estate sale.

Ive gone from aromatics, to english, and have found myself at a dead stop at va/pers.

Im still looking for new blends to try, and extra pipe knowledge.

I look forward getting to know you guys.

Oct 1, 2015
California
Hey gang! I've been an on and off again pipe smoker since the early 2000's, but only recently really dove into the hobby within the last three years. I've also been a long time lurker around these parts and decided it was time to join the fray. Cheers!

May 20, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am a recovered/ing addict. I have smoked cigarettes on and off for the last 10 years. My most recent addiction has been coffee, roasting and drinking fine coffees of different origin. Well, thats become more a of a routine part of my life and I am now fixated on reading and learning about pipes and tobaccos and finding out what I like in the pipe smoking world! I find it all quite fascinating and I am still on the search for my favorite tobacco. You can see what I like in my top five tobaccos. Right now, #1 is pretty close between Petersons perfect Plug and a VaPer flake I found at my local tobacconists.

Let me know if you have any suggestions that may lead me in an adventure of finding my next favorites!

danlaxx1

Lurker
May 19, 2016
Hey everybody,

I just wanted to introduce myself quickly. My name is Dan and I'm from Long Island, NY. I started getting into pipes recently after smoking cigars for years. I've been lurking for about a month or so and finally decided to become a member. I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge on this forum!

westleycasey

Lurker
May 14, 2016
Alabama
Hello, all. My name is Wes from Alabama. Been a pipe smoker for about 6 months now and am quite enjoying it. I hope I can absorb some wisdom from the more learned of you and broaden my horizons of the hobby. I look forward to talking pipes!

will346

Lurker
Nov 30, 2015
Hi Everyone, took me a while to see how I could post on any thread on this website, but eventually got to this point. I'm from Dublin, Ireland. I have been smoking pipes for a few months now, having switched from cigarettes. It's a thoroughly enjoyable pastime and I can't image going back to cigarettes. However, I now have a pipe related problem. I am going abroad for about three days and will be out and about at my destination. When I am at home/work I have time to clean my pipe with pipe cleaners/kitchen roll after each smoke and set it down for a few hours until the next smoke. However, ideally I would like to take one pipe with me and smoke it all day and only clean it in the evenings. Does anyone have any experience of this? Will it make my pipe sour more quickly or will I be ok for a few days until I get home to give it my usual clean? Out of the 20 odd pipes I own, I'd ideally like to bring one of my peterson system pipes as I find they smoke well for 4-5 bowls each day with my usual cleaning routine after each smoke. I wonder would I be safe enough going through the usual 4-5 bowls and only cleaning the evening. Difficult to clean when your standing in the middle of a foreign city or in the middle of a field with only the pipe and a lighter and no cleaning equipment!

okbow68

Lurker
May 28, 2016
Hello gentlemen from southern Oklahoma. I find myself here after mainly many years of cigs and cigars. The pipe reminds me of my grandfather who smoked pipe, some that I still have. Here to learn as I'm relatively new to pipes. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.