PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmouth

Lurker
Feb 2, 2016
Hello all. Blackmouth here. Pipe-smoker for just over 15yrs. Still looking for the perfect pipe and the perfect tobacco. Hope I never find either. It's the journey and not the destination, and all that.
Thanks for having me.

thebrokenone

Lurker
Feb 2, 2016
Greetings, everyone. My name is Matthew and I've been smoking a pipe since 2006, but have only recently(1.5 years) been more regular with my enjoyment. I've been lurking these forums for about a year, but have finally decided to sign up, and I must say that you're all quite a hoot. I look forward to conversing with all of you. :puffy:

znin

Lurker
Feb 5, 2016
Greetings, fellow earthlings. My name is Zhorik and I am an 18 year old male from the Everbrown state (Central WA). I'm very new to pipe smoking, but I plan to change that. I am looking forward to arguing, debating, insulting, and generally raising hell on these calm, serene forums. (Just Joking) Like everyone loves to say on these introductions, I have many ancestors who smoke (not presently, I hope) and I would like to follow the same path. I often have people asking what my nationality is (probably want to become racist toward it after meeting me haha) my dads mom was Scottish, father was Norwegian. My moms parents immigrated from Ukraine. Anyways, look forward to meeting everyone!

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
Hi all!
My names is Vaggelis and I'm from Greece.

About a month ago I started smoking pipes again after more than 16 years. This time I really studied about it, mostly around this excellent forum.

I got two MM corncobs and I'm also waiting for two Mr Brogs to arrive.
Looking forward to discussing the beautiful art of pipe smoking with you kind gentlemen.

landri

Lurker
Feb 10, 2016
Hello everyone!
I've been reading this forum for a while and I thought it was about time to take the plunge and become a member.
I'm from Chile (South America) and been smoking pipe since 2010.
cheers!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hello ya'll.
Been listening to the Pipes Magazine Radio Show on my iPhone at work now for awhile and thought I would join the forum. I also belong to Pipe Smokers Unlimited, those are great group of folks over there as I'm sure you all are here.
I live in Austin, TX, been smoking since 2009 and I have around 75 pipes of all different makes, some factory, some handmade, corncob and meerschaum. I also make my own and I call them Black Dog Briar Pipes and it is strictly a hobby for me. I consider myself more of a tobacco man than a pipe man as I am obsessed with tobacco blends and can't seem to stop trying new ones but I also have my favorites which you can see on my profile page.
I look forward to learning from you all and chatting it up.
Thanks for having me.
Take air,
Dave

lakebound

Lurker
Feb 13, 2016
Hello everyone, my name is Frank and while I am not really new to pipes I am new here and thanks to one of my best friends, I have started up enjoying the pipe once again after a many year hiatus.
Looking forward to reading and learning here.
Frank

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hello everyone, my name is Frank and while I am not really new to pipes I am new here and thanks to one of my best friends, I have started up enjoying the pipe once again after a many year hiatus.
Looking forward to reading and learning here.
Frank
Welcome to you Frank!
Can a new member welcome a new member, is that against the rules?

tims

Lurker
Feb 8, 2016
Hi all , Tim here been an off and on piper for 40 years (yikes) .

and i'm back at it again !

tims

Lurker
Feb 8, 2016
Hi all , Tim here been an off and on piper for 40 years (yikes) .

and i'm back at it again !

kppiper

Lurker
Feb 17, 2016
Hello, everyone. My name is Ken. I'm from Indiana. On again/Off again Pipe Smoker for 30 some years. Enjoy piping and bird dogs. Looking forward to chatting with you.
Best Regards,
Ken

jackal44

Lurker
Feb 18, 2016
Hi everyone.
My name is Duane and I'm from Calgary. I've been a cigar smoker for quite some time now, but have only recently been learning about pipes and pipe smoking. I inherited my grandfathers Brigham pipe and just decided it was too nice to pasture yet.
I look forward to learning a lot and just enjoying a meandering path.
Duane

Feb 19, 2016
Hello all, My name is Josh.I'm looking forward to some lively discussions, I've been smoking pipes for about fifteen years now and just keep wanting to learn more about them everyday. Thanks.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
Hello to the forum. I've been smoking on and off for a few years and much more frequently since finding this forum a few months ago and learning a great deal that has helped me enjoy it a lot more lately. I am an American who has been living in Europe the past 8 years or so. I enjoy a variety of pipes and tobacco to include finding new ones which seems to be half the fun!
Most recently I've been enjoying a selection of excellent blends from Hans at HU Tobacco, namely Sunset and Directors Cut most recently. Additionally there are some good VA based blends available OTC here and I'm looking forward to trying out some U.S. blends in the coming months.
Hello and very happy to be here.

moscca

Lurker
May 26, 2013
Hello again,

More or less 2 years ago I started smoking pipes with not such a great success.

Always to much moister ... and kept smoking cigars.

Last week I met 5 guys from a pipe smoking club here at work in Buenos Aires, told them about my problems, and they invited my on my next trip to join the club.

Looking really forward to it.

Meanwhile I bought a Falcon pipe to see if I can get a drier smoke from it.

I live in Honduras and RH is between 70 and 100%.

oldseadog

Lurker
Feb 23, 2016
Hi you all just a salty seadog. Been smoking pipes off and on since the 90's

Love my Missouri meerschaum diplomat. Just here to enjoy a community of like minded people

Whether you're a brier, meerschaum, or smoke a cob. We all enjoy smoking.

tootles

Lurker
Feb 23, 2016
Hello all. I used to smoke cigars but maintenance and humidor upkeep got old. Dropped it a while back and tinkered with pipes just a little. I finally restarted in 2015 after "discovering" some great online sales. I think I am hooked. It's a lot easier to mason jar pipe tobacco and not worry about fussing with it. Pad/Tad has set in bad. about 50 pipes and over 20 lbs of "emergency rations". Glad to find others with the same affliction.

kabot

Lurker
Feb 27, 2016
Hi all,
I'm a newborn piper currently located in Switzerland but born in Sweden. I have managed to get hold of a couple of good pipes and some nice tobacco. Up until now I have tried about 15 different mixtures, and tend to gravitate to english type blends. So far my absolute favourite is Schürch Tobaccos - Sobranie, which is blended by Hand Schürch here in Switzerland.
Looking forward to learning more and to contribute in the future.

william7

Lurker
Feb 29, 2016
Hello fellow pipesters!! I have been reading this forum for quite some time now and have gained a plethora of knowledge from you all. So today I have finally decided to become a member. And what a day to join! I was welcomed home by the beautiful site of a UPS package at my door. Inside the box is my fourth pipe, a new Savinelli Capri 904ks and boy is it a beauty.
I am excited to join the group and here's to many thoughtful (or not) pipe discussions in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.