PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Hello all,
I am a pipe smoker from Huntersville, NC. Pleased to join your community! I started smoking a pipe in 2007. Put it down in 2008 for no good reason. I just recently picked up the pipe again and I forgot how much I missed it. I still have all my old pipes and tobacco which have been sealed away until the last couple of weeks. I managed to age all of my tobaccos 5 years without really meaning to! Broke open some Christmas Cheer 2007 for my first smoke and enjoyed it immensely.
Anyway, just wanted to drop a line to introduce myself. I've been reading your forums for the last week or so and the amount of knowledge here is impressive. I can't wait to expand my knowledge and love of pipes and contribute any way that I can.
Cheers!
Brennan

tukt0yuktok

Lurker
Mar 6, 2013
Hello. Making my intro here. Looking forward to participating in the forum. I am in Brampton, Ontario Canada, and have been a pipe smoker, off and on since 1977. Have the pipes I originally bought those many years ago, as well as a few newer ones. I also smoke the odd Cuban cigar.
Cheers
Michael

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
Hey y'all! I'm Seth and I've been smoking a pipe for about a year now. What a blessing the pipe has been too. I've been lurking on this site since before I started smoking, but am just now making a profile. It was thanks in large part to this site that I was able to learn so much so quickly and really helped me to enjoy everything.

Mar 2, 2010
WV
Hey I'm Brian and I've been smoking pipes for about 5 years now. I mainly lurk on this and other forums. A lot of times when I get to catch up on threads, I find that anything I can contribute has usually been said or it's something I need to read and learn some more about. I've already made a few posts here and I thought I had posted in the introduction thread but I must have missed it.
Looking forward to many more helpful threads.

smoothpiper

Lurker
Mar 10, 2013
hey there everyone,

A new member as well as a new pipe smoker checking in from Ontario, Canada. I look forward to learning and jumping in on the convos here. Seems like a fabulous place. Thanks for having me,

Shayne.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Hello all,
I just started smoking pipes Dec 2012 when my dad gave me his pipe from when he tried it at my age. I just made my first purchase of a nice pipe and so I'm committed now and looking forward to joining a pipe community.
Steve

okrent

Might Stick Around
Mar 12, 2013
Hello fellow pipe smokers,
I've been smoking a pipe regularly (2+ bowls a week) for about a year now. I've also been reading the forums here all the while and think it's about time I contribute.
Lou

monte

Lurker
Mar 12, 2013
Hello,

Joining a forum is a new experience for me. I've read several in search of info but never actually became a participant. I've smoked a pipe on & off since 2009 but I have recently taken a much greater interest and smoke at least one bowl a day now. I enjoy learning new things about the marvelous world of pipe smoking, which incidentally lead me to Pipesmagazine.com. I'm married with one son and work long hours so my time to enjoy my pipes is limited. I'm also alarmed by what I'm hearing concerning tax hikes and new legislation! If I post incorrectly please advise me. Although I'm 40 and should be better acquainted with how to post on a forum, I'm not. Thanks in advance.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Welcome Monte,
I am new to these forums as well but am finding a boat-load of info here. I never realized pipe smoking had so many nuances and that there were so many differences in tobaccos.
There are a bunch of great folks here that will answer just about any questions you may have.
Happy smoking,
Dan :puffy:

sandblassted

Lurker
Mar 13, 2013
Good evening to all!

I am a 24 year old who smoked a pipe for the first time 1 month ago and let me tell you, I can't get enough. I have been enjoying a bowl a day ever since.

What surprised me the most was how relaxing it can be. Every night, I sit back and light a pipe while my father smokes his cigar, he has been smoking cigars for about 10 years now. I am really enjoying these precious moments with my father. The room note I create while smoking is so pleasant, it made my mother light up a bowl! I could not believe it! :crazy:
I fear for my well being because I am developing a disease called PAD! I just recently received 6 pipes from MM and I am waiting for my tobacco to dry up a little before packing up a bowl, hence the small intro! :mrgreen:
Thanks to this forum, I did not give up on smoking so easily. I am still working on keeping her lit and minimizing relights.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I am looking forward to "hang out" with you all.
Cheers!

catbriar

Lurker
Mar 17, 2013
Howdy y'all: from Fort Worth Texas. Picked up the briar 6 weeks ago. So far, I know I like Va's, Va/Per's, Va/Bur's and Presbyterian Mixture.

joecase

Lurker
Nov 18, 2012
I'm Joe Case, a pipe maker from Nashville, TN. My website is www.joecasepipes.com

Hope to chat with you guys frequently!

madman

Lurker
Mar 17, 2013
Hello everyone. Picked up my starter kit from smokingpipes.com and have been happily smoking since. Had an issue with my first pipe and received excellent tips from members within the forum. Never have I felt so welcomed. Currently living in upstate New York and so glad I had the pipe to warm up with this winter. I'm a cigar smoker and beginning to think the transition to pipe tobacco was the right decision. Plus, the wife isn't offended by the pipe aroma :)

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
Hello fellow pipers. I am new to the site. I live in Huntsville, Alabama and have enjoyed pipe smoking since my college days in the early 80's. I like all type of tobaccos:Aromatics, English, Balkan, Virginia Flakes, Va/Per, as long as it involves good tobacco. I have a special fondness for perique. Always ready to learn more about the hobby and I have enjoyed reading the forums.

tracerbullet

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hi all,

I'm tracerbullet and I am new to pipe smoking. I have been gathering items and have not actually lit a bowl yet.

I am reading about different tobaccos and figuring out what I want to sample to see where I go from here.

My pipe is a Savinelli Roma.

I stopped at the local B &M to get some blends. Probably should have read more because I have no idea what I got. I asked for a mild blend and got what was recommended

I look forward to learning more from all here.

Thanks for having me

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
Hello PM,
I'm Benjamin. I work at Smokers' Haven in Columbus, OH. My responsibilities include selling drugs and keeping it real. I am good at these things.

jogrefoln

Lurker
Mar 20, 2013
Knight Island, AK
Hello Friends and Neighbors - Still making my way around the site. Been reading a for a few weeks, joined a few days ago, already posted a few; just saw this today so..."Hello", I'm Jonas Ogrefoln. 44 from Evergreen CO, just getting started pipe smoking so I really appreciate finding this site. So much great information for the beginner, and you all seem very friendly and supportive.
I hope to learn as much about it as I can and eventually make a few of my own. Any Denver smokers who gather please let me know when and where, I'd be happy to join you. Glad to be here. - JOgrefoln

dutch65

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2012
Gentlemen, I am checking in from North Alabama, Athens to be exact. Looking forward to reading your posts here on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.