PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Welcome back Sapo! And welcome to the whole avalanche of new members in the last little while! Glad to have lots of faces around, old and new.
Simon

w1nd0wl1cker

Might Stick Around
Apr 4, 2011
Hello everyone.

I wanted to take a minute to say I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I am new to forums, so this is a bit of unfamiliar territory to me. I have been smoking a pipe for a while now and have a lot to say and a whole lot more to learn.
If you have any questions for me, don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers,

Jay

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome back sapo. Welcome aboard Jay. Hope to see both of you here often in the future.

Dec 31, 2010
Hello, somewhat new member who forgot to visit the introductions forum...Hello from NM in the Southwest region of the U.S.! :puffy:

jimmyg

Lurker
Apr 5, 2011
Hello my fellow pipe smokers

Well what a site this is,only wish i had found it earlier,im a UK pipe smoker and have been looking for fellow pipe smokers to chat and exchange our thoughts and ideas,so glad to be part of this great community,and look forward to sharing many of thoughts with you guy so until then HAPPY PUFFING

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Welcome Jimmy! There seems to have been a large number of new members from the other side of the Atlantic lately. Looking forward to hearing about the experience across the pond... across the pond... say, that rings a bell. Gotta go get a tin of FMATP. That Pavlov guy was really on to something, wasn't he?
Simon

tabbaq

Lurker
Apr 3, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I'm a new member from across the pond as well :)

I bought my first pipe a few months ago, a Ratos "Tati" with a fairly small bowl and a conical bore as I'm a casual smoker, I only smoke a bowl or two a day in the evening. The tobacco I have so far enjoyed the most is Rattaray's "Marlin Flake", sweet aged virginia with a smell of dried fruits that makes my mouth waters and tastes marvelous as I light up.
Today I scored a couple of estate pipes on e-bay and ordered some new cans of tobacco as well.
See you around!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome jimmyg and tabbaq. Hope to see you here often with any posts or questions you may have.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
Hi - I started with pipes when I was 16, my father smoked pipes. I got my first pipe then, which I still enjoy. I had a friend in high school, North Hollywood High. His grandfather had a small sailboat in Marina del Rey. We used to leave NH right after school on Wednesdays and ride to MdR on a Honda 50. We would get on the boat and sail thru the night. Smoking our pipes. I started with Troost and have continued with that, in addition to others. Back then, 65, a 100gr tin of Troost slices was about $3... Hhmmm. Anyway, we would get back to NHHS in time for school on Thursday, just in time for band practice. So pipe smoking has always had a nautical, outdoors feeling for me. I stopped smoking in about 70 and only started up about 3 years ago. My wife and I were watching and old British film and the main character was a pipe smoker. I took out my pipe from back then and "pretend smoked." One thing lead to another and here I am! My mother died when I was 15 and my father remarried, the true rotten step mother thing. The one thing I got when he passed was a pre-WW II calabash, a great smoke - a deep brown from years of use!Now I have 7 pipes and I enjoy collecting "vintage unopened{ tins - and smoking the contents. I also enjoy storing my contemporary tobaccos in vintage, painted tins. A sense of history.... I am a composer and pipe smoking has become an important part of my composing for film, tv and cds. I'm glad I found this group and now I'm going to explore the forums...

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
PS - A friend who lives in Germany visited last year. He was kind enough to buy me 4 tins of Troost slices, which are all over the Netherlands. They are WAY better than the Troost pouch that you can buy here, why in the world don't they sell Troost slices here anymore!?

donaldgelinas

Lurker
Apr 4, 2011
Hello All
Started smoking a pipe about three years ago, bought a J. Rinaldi as my first. Very pleased with his work. Currently waiting for a reverse rusticated volcano by Old Nellie Pipes.
Will attend my first pipe show in Chicago in May.

pipefangs

Lurker
Apr 8, 2011
New to all of you oldtimers. I got my frist Pipe for Christmas and I love it. I hope all of you can and will help my out if I mess up from time to time. Smoking a pipe is so calming and fun toboat.

shogunn

Lurker
Apr 8, 2011
Hello all, My name is Alex I just got into smoking pipes the last several months. A friend of a freind told me about this site and said you were all very nice people and didn't mind sharing your knowledge with newbies. I have a red cap pipe and I enjoy it alot. My wife just me a church warden with a 9-3/4" stem and I am kinda excited for it to arrive. Well I look forward to chatting with you all and reading your post. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.