PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome mekkohotvle, recoilrob and charlie. Hope to see all of you here often with any posts, pics or questions you may have. Don't forget to take a gander at the left sidebar. There is a ton of info there to peruse while puffing on your favorite baccy.

james

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2011
Hello, I too am a former cigarette smoker (about a pack and a half a day...), just made the switch to the pipe about two months ago and I now wonder why I ever picked up a cigarette in the first place.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Rob, Charlie, James...

We're glad to have you all aboard.

James... you'll find a lot of here have asked ourselves the same thing.
Don't be shy, dive right in. We love questions, comments, and pictures.
Don't forget to accept those "friendship requests".

mrjoshua

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Hello everyone...
I'm not exactly new to pipe smoking, I had one @18 years ago, but I lacked the patience at that time...just stuck with cigarettes. I quit cigarettes about 6 years ago - strictly smoked cigars (and only on occasions), but honestly got tired of the endurance of the cigar taste in my mouth. I bought my "second try" pipe about a month ago, and haven't looked back. Now I just need to temper my enthusiasm before my wife starts getting upset at my expanding hobby!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome James and Joshua. Hope to see you here often with your posts, pics and any questions you may have.

sirgeorge

Lurker
Apr 20, 2011
Greetings all,
I'm a new member and new to pipe smoking.
I smoked cigarettes in the past, but would never go back to that; however I have felt a void...something to unwind with...say like on a rainy day, sitting back in a comfortable seat with book or even just a companion to go along with an afternoon cup of coffee.
When I was a kid there lived next door a retired RAF pilot, who every evening after dinner would go off to his chair, smoke his pipe and read the paper. I always remembered loving that smell and thinking that was something I would like to do one day. In today’s culture however, a younger man smoking a pipe looks pretentious, so I never tried it...until now. I have to say it was just what I was looking for. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of culture that surrounds the pipe, but excited to learn. I'm glad a site like this exists where I can discuss and explore my new found hobby. I also look forward trying many of the vast amounts of tobaccos that exist out there...a long road to keep me busy with for many years I'm sure.
Thank you all for being so welcoming. I look forward to discussing pipes with you.
Many kind regards,
Sirgeorge

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Welcome aboard sirgeorge. Pipes are fascinating and a lot of fun to collect and admire. Not to mention the many blends available to smoke.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Hi! I'm Phil from Las Vegas, NV. Been piping for around 15 years. I'm not a collector so my pipes are pretty humble but I enjoy all the different tobaccos that are out there to try so I don't think I'll ever be bored! I enjoy Balkan and English blends, VApers, Va. Flakes, drugstore blends and even some aromatics now and then. Have a nice little "smoking den" on the back porch. I live in the desert so it is rare that there is a time when it's too wet or cold to not smoke outside. There used to be some decent pipe shops in town but they have gone away to be replaced by hookah and "glass pipe" shops. Consequently, I do most of my pipe and tobacco purchases online. I play guitar in a local rock cover bar band. Well, that's all I've got for now. Glad to be aboard!

babarajas

Lurker
Mar 11, 2011
Hello , I'm Big Ben From Alvin Tx. Smoked all different forms of tobacco in the past. Have now settled down in my old age (45)and only puffin on pipes and some cigars when the wifey's not around. she hate cigar smell, but loves pipe smell because "it reminds her of her Grandpa" I'm good with that. I started off with some estate pipes. Savinelli, Peterson.. she bought me a Cassano for Valentines day this year. Recently a coworker noticed me cleaning out my handfull of pipes and offered me his father in laws pipes, I said sure let me look at them. I went to his house and holy moley!!! he had over 225 pipes and over a dozen racks...so what should a boy do??? Yep I bought them. Wifey now has a study full of pipes. hehehe I will be selling them after I clean them up and pick the ones I want to keep. Hit me up if you are looking for a certain brand, if I have it maybe we can make a deal. I listed a handfull on ebay under "texastitan1"

hankandgc

Lurker
Apr 20, 2011
Hello everyone...my name is Trent and I'm from Southern Indiana. I am fairly new to pipe smoking, but have come to enjoy it immensely. My favorite pipe so far is my Savinelli Oscar, followed closely by my Savinelli Spigot. I also have been pleasantly surprised by a Bjarne Viking Classic that was only $70. Anyway, I am excited to learn from the more experienced smokers here and look forward to talking to you soon. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.