PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome brad and baz. Hope to see you here often with your comments and any questions you have.

toyman01

Lurker
Apr 2, 2011
Here to introduce myself. I'm 43 with a wife of 25 years and four kids ages 24 to 8. Hobbies include racing cars, machine work, and antique clocks. I spend a good bit of time in my overly cluttered shop tinkering with something mechanical. For a living I service automatic doors like you would see in grocery stores or hospitals.
I smoked my first pipe probably 15 years ago. It's been on again, off again since then. Mostly off, being a hard core two plus pack a day cigarette smoker for the last 29 years. I've decided to quit with the cigarettes. I have always loved pipe smoke, but haven't had the patients to smoke a pipe. It's time to grow up and smell the subtle smells and tastes of the smoke rather than sucking another cancer stick down as fast as possible. I dug around my shop until I found the drug store pipe I bought many years ago. I've bought three more estate pipes since then as well as an assortment of tobaccos and two cases of Mason jars. The assortment of tobaccos available today is astounding. Finding the "perfect" one should be a wonderful and life long journey. I'm looking forward to the trip. There are probably many question to be asked. For now I'm just trying to absorb all the info I can. Thanks for letting me bend you ear.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome toyman01. Hope to see you here often with your posts and any questions you have.

jhelvey

Lurker
Apr 2, 2011
Hello
My name is Justin. 36 year old from Northern Kentucky area. I am originally from the Central Kentucky are. I attended Transylvania University an got my BA in German and History. It was while studying there, in 1995 I smoke my first bowl of pipe tobacco. The pipe was one of my grandfather's. It was an old Dr Grabow, Ace of Spades. The tobacco was a house blend call Ideal, from Schwab's in Lexington (back when it was in the Lexington Mall). Years later, I purchased a Peterson Sterlin Silver, shape 68. That started my on my Peterson path, and many years of smoking enjoyment.

panheadjack

Lurker
Mar 31, 2011
Howdy, new guy here. I'm from Mississippi. Enjoying visiting this site. Just posted some pic's of my latest find. I'm pretty much into older 'Pete's', good tobac, Harley's and Horses. Looking forward to learning more about our hobby on this site.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
jack, 990rick morlader titanicexplorer mspagnuolo mr ben timmay doylie simpledesign scallywag58 lordofthepiperings bazzyt toyman01 jhelvey--holy crap, that's just one page! :clap:

WELCOME ABOARD! It's amazing to see so many new folks flocking to this great community!

The assortment of tobaccos available today is astounding. Finding the "perfect" one should be a wonderful and life long journey.

And you, sir, have just hit the nail on the head!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
We're glad to have all of new guys and gals in this fraternity.
You will find tons of information here.

Nothing but good folks here.

We'll gladly help with any questions you may have. We will all offer opinions, suggestions, and sarcasm (not ridicule).
Please feel free to dive right in!

We love those question, comments, and photos.

davesussex

Lurker
Apr 3, 2011
Hey guys, im pritty new to smoking a pipe and have joined here to try and learn more about the art of smoking a pipe, unfortunaty I dont really know anyone who smokes a pipe and theres no tobacconist in the the town I live in.
I look forward to learning from you guys :puffy:

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome davesussex. Hope to see you here often with any posts, pics or questions you may have. There is a ton of info on the left sidebar that may help you with a number of things.

panheadjack

Lurker
Mar 31, 2011
Smoke slow Dave. Take your time. Get you a good pipe and slooooowly break it in. I started with Carter Hall and a cob. Gave me time to learn the in's and out's and decide on pipe styles and tobac's i"d like to try.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Finally Sapo has returned to pipes magazine. Welcome new members. Time to play catch up. Happy smoking to one and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.