PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauro

Lurker
Jan 9, 2011
Buon pomeriggio mi chiamo Mauro fumo la pipa da qualche anno, con gusto e soddisfazione da meno tempo ,adesso mi piace di più,sono molto appasionato poiche ho 50 pipe e continuo a interessarmi sia di pipa che di tabacco,mi piace giocare con loro :)i pigini,curapipe,accendini,tabacchi,pipe pulirli comprarli mettere in ordine :D.Ho 42 anni il 23 gennaio tra poco sarà il mio compleanno e sono contento di condividere con voi tutti questo forum :wink:bellissimo e completo di tutto,..sono italiano di Ancona citta Senigallia,..qua ora 90% umidità e nebbia :|vivo da solo mm..no cioè 50pipe, mia madre,mia sorella 2 cani cocker .ciao :P
----------
[Translated]
Good afternoon I call Mauro over recent years smoke the pipa, with taste and satisfaction from less time, now appeals to me more, they are much appasionato since I have 50 pipe and continuous to interest to me it is of pipa that of tobacco, it appeals to me to play with they: -) the pigini, curapipe, lighters, tobaccos, pipe to clean up to buy them to put them in order: D.Ho 42 23 years January soon will be my birthday and is content to share with you all this forum beautifulst and complete of all. .sono Italian of Ancona Senigallia city. .qua now 90% humidity and fog: |alive alone milimeter .no that is 50pipe, my mother, my sister 2 dogs cocker .ciao

acies

Lurker
Jan 18, 2011
Hello guys, I recently became interested with pipe smoking and was able to pick up a modest pipe from a local smoke shop, The past week I've been smoking more increasingly i find it very relaxing even though I won't be able to enjoy it too long. Until I ship for Army Boot Camp in August I plan on sticking around for a while.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard acies. Good luck with Army Boot Camp. Hope to see many posts, pics and any questions you may have.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Hi everyone,
Just started smoking a pipe here in the UK and only had a few bowls so far. Bought a corncob and some cheap tobacco to see if i liked it and whilst i enjoy the learning curve and the relaxing feeling i've realised that cheap tobacco is not the way to go, so am on the look out for something else to try.
To be honest i think the tobacco i have bought is too mild as i don't notice much flavour from it, would something stronger be a better bet? I bought a pouch of Clan (rookie mistake i now know), but have been considering getting some Dunhill My Mixture 965 instead as i also need something with a nice room note to please the girlfriend ;-)
Anyway, great articles on here so far and am loving learning about my new found hobbie :D

sjolie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2011
Hi Jules, new here too and only smoking a pipe regularly for a month or so now. Statred with Lane 1Q (bulk from local tobacconist) and just this week I've ventured into tinned tobacco. Last night I tried Mac Baren 7 Seas Gold for the first time and loved it. You may want to give it a shot.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
have been considering getting some Dunhill My Mixture 965
Welcome to you Sjolie and Julesholling!
We're glad to have you both as members.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We love questions.
Jules I think you will love Dunhill 965. It will be a total departure from the Aromatics that new members of the pipe smoking fraternity tend to smoke.

The rich smokey-spicy flavor of "English" (Latakia & Oriental) blends might catch you by surprise.
If you are really feeling adventurous, try a "Blend" with Perique.

e.g. PS Luxury Bulls Eye Flake (Bulk), or Escudo Navy De Luxe (Tins)... something along those lines.

In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) Perique and its grassy/earthy flavor is "Da Bomb"!

Both of these are "coin" style flake tobaccos, and as new pipers it will look a bit odd.

Bob's article addresses preparation of flake tobaccos.

Here is the link.... this and many other good articles on packing, etc. can be found on the lower left column of the Home Page:

Flake Pipe Tobacco Preparation

Again... We're glad to have you!

twss

Might Stick Around
Jan 13, 2011
Austin, Tx
Hello, I just became a member the other day and haven't stopped reading. I've been smoking a pipe for a year now and am loving it. I quit cigarettes 3 years ago but love tobacco and for me the pipe is the perfect way to enjoy it. I love this site and all the "old man" knowledge. Keep it coming! Right now I'm breaking in a new Nording and really loving Peterson's perfect plug.
Nording.jpg

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Great way to start, with a fine tobacco and an excellent looking pipe. Welcome aboard twss. Don't hesitate to post comments, pics or any questions you may have.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Welcome, acies, julesholling and twss!
@julesholling: You can always poke around tobaccoreviews.com or Kevin's new luxurytobaccoreviews.com and see if anything there piques your interest. If you have the ability, try to find samples of a variety of tobaccos and see what works for you. Everybody's different, and everybody has different tastes and habits. I'm a bit of a lightweight, N-wise, so I steer clear of the ropes, plugs and even perique. But they might be right up your alley. I also tend to smoke infrequently, so I probably lean towards different tobaccos than perhaps an all-day smoker would choose. Who knows?
@twss: Yeah, there's lots of stuff to read around here. You could read for days and not see the same thing twice. Enjoy.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Hi Guys,

Yes, 'tis I, the grumpy old man of Pittsburgh who has finally made it here (this for my many online friends whom I see here already).

I am predominately heavy English blend smoker and have been for about four and a half decades and I now favor Cornell and Diehl blends. I do wander off the reservation once in a while and enjoy some aromatics.

I do have an avatar displaying my wizened mug, but can't get it to upload (or rather, find even where I can do that. (Yes, I read 'sticky' on that topic - no go).
Keep the fires burning.
Demetri (a.k.a. Aristokles)

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Hi Guys,

Yes, 'tis I, the grumpy old man of Pittsburgh who has finally made it here (this for my many online friends whom I see here already).

I am predominately heavy English blend smoker and have been for about four and a half decades and I now favor Cornell and Diehl blends. I do wander off the reservation once in a while and enjoy some aromatics.

I do have an avatar displaying my wizened mug, but can't get it to upload (or rather, find even where I can do that. (Yes, I read 'sticky' on that topic - no go).
Keep the fires burning.
Demetri (a.k.a. Aristokles)
DON'T ASK ME HOW I DOUBLE POSTED - no idea at all. Old fogeys should not use computers.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Hey Demetri: Don't feel badly. I'm still making the attempt to get my picture on line without success. I've got it in photobucket but still cannot upload to this site. Perhaps the pipe in my face is just too bigggggg. Hope you're having good luck with your new job. Keep us posted with what you are up to these days.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to any of the new members that I inadvertantly missed over the past several weeks. Of late there has been a ton of new members signing on, which is great to see.

misplacedtex

Lurker
Jan 21, 2011
Been looking around for a few days and finally decided to sign up. I'm Jason and I have been smoking a pipe off and on for about 3 years. Originally from Dallas, Texas and now live just north of Atlanta. Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Jason. Jump right in with your posts, pics or any questions you may have. You'll find us a friendly group of puffers.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Hello guys

My name is Maurizio i'm located in Italy.Will be nice to talk with you all about pipes.I'm a pipe smoker,collector and pipe maker (i own all mines,do not sell them),my other hobbies :I sing and play guitar(whould like to play like Jimi Hendrix but i can't 8O )and i'm a naturalist photographer.Hope we will have nice talking even if I have to apologize for my english writing

Status
Not open for further replies.