PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
@jpmcwjr- Up in Durham. Lovely City with a half decent Tobacconist in the indoor market. I try to support it as much as possible..............as there are only 2 that I'am aware of in the whole of the North East.

bedollae

Lurker
Jul 31, 2017
Greetings from Virginia! I'm new to the pipe smoking world and enjoyed my inaugural bowl on 7/5. I can't say what made me want to give the pipe a try but man i'm glad I did. Over these past weeks It's quickly become a perfect close to a hectic day. I chose for my first go an Old Dominion cob and some Peterson Sherlock Homes tobacco. Within a few days I also picked up some McClelland Frog Morton's Cellar which in my novice opinion smokes great through the cob. I look forward to learning all I can here and hopefully one day be able to contribute a thought or two.

jesperff

Lurker
Aug 5, 2017
Greetings from Danmark. I'm Jesper Klith and I do recognize a few names here. I used to hang around in ASP many years ago, also worked for two Danish web shops (FF Pipes and Danpipes).
I usually go to the Chicago Show so have probably met several of you - you can't miss me; I'm the guy with a beer in one hand and a pipe in the other unless it's in my kisser...

gomojoe

Lurker
Aug 2, 2017
First time pipe smoker as of a couple months ago. So far I really love it. I really love all the sensations that play into pipe smoking. All of the smells, the tastes, the actions, holding the pipes...it's definitely for me. I got a Roma Apple as well as a couple M.M Corncobs initially. I followed that up by getting a nice rusticated B.C. calabash. As far as tobaccos, I have tried Lane 1Q, Orlik Golden Sliced, Seattle pipe club's Plum Pudding, as well as some blend from my local tobacconist. One English and two that are aromatic. Oh and I've recently tried Cult: Blood Red Moon. So far I would say that my favorites are cult blood red moon and an english blend from my tobacconist called Red Cake 1500. Anyway I have several pipes I'm looking to get and would love to expand my tobacco profile.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
Greetings friends-I'm a new pipe smoker. Smoked cigarettes for 20 years, quit them and switched to cigars for a few years. The look and feel of the pipe got me hooked and I have a few Savs, one Peterson and of course the corn cobs. I love tobacco all kinds and I haven't tried one that I didn't like. I'm in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. Its and honor to join this group

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Greetings I am back from a few years, my tobaccos are aged and I am missing pipe smoking dearly, my biggest question is where the heck are the pen and pencil postings, my searches here are turning up nothing but I'm still getting the email postings.

tch7

Lurker
Aug 7, 2017
Hello, I got my fist pipe a little more than a year ago, a Nording Freehand. I've been a casual/social smoker but recently got my 2nd pipe, a Savinelli Oscar and have been smoking daily. I've been binge listening to the radio show and look forward to learning about the different tobaccos and trying a bunch of different tobaccos and am excitedly looking forward to going to the Chicago pipe show next year.

alexander87

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2017
Greetings all! Al from MN here. I've been smoking a pipe for about a month now, almost every night, and I am in love. I first bought a pipe on my 18th birthday, blew my mouth clean off with some unknown aromatic, lost the pipe, and quit for 12 years. I'm back. I bought a "Colossal" bulldog, whatever that is, and have been trying to smoke slow, pack lose, and really taste. Former cig smoker here as well. So far Dunhill EMP has been my favorite but since it's going away soon I fear I will have to find something else. As is my custom I will absorb as much as I can about this new and wonderful hobby. I'm very glad to be here.
Al

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Welcome_5.gif
to all the new Members!!!

Welcome_Back.gif
to Members that have been away!!!

Aug 22, 2017
Good Evening.
I am a new member and longtime lurker from Nottingham, England.
I have been smoking a pipe for about ten years (not non-stop, I do sleep also).
I am mainly smoking Dunhill Early Morning and Nightcap these days in an Oom Paul (at home),or a falcon (at work).
Hope to speak to you lot before too long.
Take Care.

tommyknocker

Lurker
Aug 22, 2017
Greetings from South Africa
I have been smoking pipes only, for the last 4 years and also started collecting pipes. We are really limited with our local tobacco, but at least the little that is available is very good quality virginia.
Most of the imported tobacco's are available but due to the exchange rates and duty's, it is only for special occasions.
My pipe collection is growing slowly and in time I will ask for advise and identification of a couple that google can not assist with.
Looking forward to learn from the forum.

fatbob

Lurker
Jun 30, 2016
Been piping for a while and found this site a while back. My wife has family in Kiel but I found Motzek here and my Corporate office is in Boston....Peretti....while I still love Carter Hall, this place, and Jiminks, has expanded my horizons..Thanks

lonepiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2017
Central Virginia
Hi to all of yinz!
New to the forum after lurking for years. Native Pennsylvanian living in Virginia. Been smoking the pipe off and on for about twenty years but in the past six months have really been serious about doing it full time. My nostalgic personality draws me to codger blends like PA, Carter Hall and Velvet. About four months ago I popped a tin of Maltese Falcon and thus began my obsession for G.L. Pease blends.
I'm a high school History teacher and married with one son. My interests are the Pittsburgh Penguins, old movies, old books and anything and everything pipe related.
Looking forward to being a member of the board and building some friendships amongst my fellow pipers.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Hello to all and sundry!
After lurking for the last six months, I finally created an ID and joined the forum. I've been learning about piping since college some thirty odd years ago. For me, pipe smoking is all about enjoying a simple pleasure. I do not pursue complex blends as a rule, preferring to focus on my never ending quest for the three perfect all day blends: an aromatic, a burley, and an English/Balkan.
I have a modest stable of 15 pipes from a wide range of makers, including Boswell, Savinelli, Peterson, Comoy, Genod, Butz-Choquin, and Rossi. My mild to moderate PAD tends to manifest itself when I see straight pipes of any sort, most especially the noble straight billiard.
Tobacco wise, I like a wide variety of mixtures from aromatics to English, but, I really like burley. In fact, I am a sucker for straight burley and burley forward mixtures. The only thing I really do not care for are heavy latakia blends. The "lat bombs" just taste like soap to me. I am not a believer in cellaring, though my TAD does overcome my rational mind and has led me to having about 30 mixtures on hand, weighing in at about three and a half pounds.
I am alone in the wilderness, as a pipe smoker, and look forward to the fellowship of this virtual pipe club.
Cheers!

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Hi everyone - wanted to introduce myself after pouring over all the wonderful information on your website. I must say in this day and age, you can find a lot of useful and not so useful info on the web; this forum and its members are first rate and open to giving their honest and humble opinions. So thank you!
I came into pipe smoking as a hobby that I picked up when our daughter was born about a year ago. I've always found pipes intriguing and delightful, not to mention the types who pick them up and smoke them. It made sense to find a new hobby that I'd always been curious about and would allow me some personal time to reflect on these big life changes I was experiencing.
I'm sure to have questions along the way so thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.