PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovediggerdan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2017
Possum Trot, MO
rack-150x112.jpg
Howdy all - I've been smoking cigars for about a decade, and about a year ago I gave pipes a shot, didn't stick with it and eventually gave it up. Picked it back up again about two months ago, and with the help from this site and YouTube I have now enough knowledge to understand what I need to be doing to enjoy this hobby!
As I said I am used to cigars, so from a pipe tobacco perspective I'm enjoying those blends that put out a lot of stinky, nicotine heavy smoke :). So far Old Dublin from Peterson and Dunhill's My Mixture 965 are very enjoyable. I enjoy the smell of an aromatic as well and hope to eventually find one that gets close to what I'm used to. I own three pipes so far: a Savinelli Venezia, a Peterson System 317 and a Peterson Irish Made 101. I even made a lil rinky-dink rack out of spare wood in the garage...that tells me I'm in it for good now!
Look forward to conversation, and thanks for the help provided thus far.
GDD

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Hello folks.

I'm Janus, 38, quit cigarettes and started pipesmoking may '17. I am pleasantly surprised by the complexity and difficulty, as opposed to the OCD-like monotony of cigarettes.

I'm from the Faroe Islands, and have very limited access to pipes and tobaccos. I have gotten my hands on a few anyway, and favourites so far are: FVF, Nightcap, Red Rapparee, Irish Flake. My tasted are constantly evolving and it is very exciting.

Love this forum and find it both helpful and funny.

Ps. Haven't figured the picturethingy out yet, but I will.

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Welcome, Janus. Sounds like you're getting at least a few good blends there. Glad to hear you were able to quit the cigs. Your lungs are probably already clearing up a bit. I know I felt a lot better after quitting the Camels a few years ago.

blacklucast

Lurker
Jan 8, 2018
Hi from the swamps of South Louisiana. I'm 39 and I've been a cigar smoker for a while and last month have dedicated myself to enjoying fine pipe tobacco. I made my first attempt at Pipesmoking last year, but chose the wrong tobacco and blew my tongue out.
Recently I decided to give it another go, this time with actual research into packing and smoking technique. Now that I'm actually not blistering my mouth, I love it. I'm only smoking 2 to 3 bowls a day now, but it's opened my eyes to this wonderful new hobby. I have really enjoyed Skiff Mixture, Margate, Elizabethan Mixture and Quiet nights. I'm not much on aromatics, but 1Q has been fairly enjoyable. I just got Golden Sliced and Escudo in today and I can't wait to try em.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.