PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Hanging around just not as often, no updates for me but will pm you back romeowood.

The weather has started to change in my neck of the woods, so will be posting more.

Cheers

Jeff

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Thank you, those who have responded to my PMs. I have good news and bad news.
Well the bad news is that the box seems to have hit one of the inevitable black holes. Disappointing development, but do not despair, forum members.
The good news is, I'll be putting together a new box to send to Jud and start this thing rolling again. I'll ship it out tomorrow and post pics of the outgoing.
In light of this, I'd like to restate and add to the BOX PASS COMMANDMENTS:

Here are the basics: This Box Pass is a box that has a large variety of tobaccos for you to sample. It is sponsored by the members, not Pipes Magazine. If you want to be included, you must meet the requirements below:

1. Thou MUST be a member for a minimum of 4 months.

2. Thine post count MUST be at least 100 posts.

3. Thou MUST HAVE the financial resources to spend $20-25.00 on shipping the box to the next person. Thou will ALWAYS get a tracking number.

4. Thou MUST live in the U.S.A.

5. Thou MUST give your: name, screen name, address, email address, and phone number to RomeoWood (he will keep your phone number and not put it on the list).

6. THOU SHALT NOT keep the box longer than 2 weeks.

7. THOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORUM THREAD AND POST YOUR INTENTION TO RECEIVE THE BOX, POST WHEN YOU GET IT AND POST WHEN YOU MAIL IT.

Do not sign up if you do not have a stable address, will be moving soon, going to school out of state, are liable to be abducted by aliens, etc. You need to be an active, established member on here to show that you will be sticking around, and are trustworthy. The other three boxes that were "lost", were the result of not having the above attributes.

** Anyone not posting before receiving the box will be skipped. Anyone not responding to my PMs with updated info by tomorrow (MONDAY) evening will be de-listed.

*** There will be some re-ordering of the list, which I shall post tomorrow.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
This is a very frustrating and disappointing development. I know things happen, and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I don't understand how some folks can lack the integrity to honor what I consider to be a gentleman's agreement among members of this forum. It seems more and more people don't honor their word, and do so without conscience. I don't know if its a generational thing, or just a result of the continued decline of society.
@romeowood, let me know if I can send some samples to replace those that have been lost.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
The decline of Western civilization notwithstanding, it's just a bunch of pre-owned tobacco in the end, so nothing to lose sleep over. Jud, I'll pack up a mighty good box for you. I'm still waiting to hear from a few people that were coming up soon on the list, so if you haven't sounded off, please do so soon.

Aug 1, 2012
I'm off the list but if you would like me to send something for the box, let me know and I'll send a selection.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I will be ready to receive the new box. Since Ben (Uber) is next on the list and is right up the road from me, we thought it would be fun to do an in-person pass. I'll keep you folks informed.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I plan on contacting the next person in line as soon as I get the box. If I don't hear from them within a week, I will contact romeowood to discuss next step, probably a phone call, then skip that person if they do not respond.
Good plan Sam. I would say a phone call should not be necessary. My thoughts are that everyone on this list is most likely awaiting there chance a "The Box" and should be most likely checking feverishly when they see it is getting close to their turn. If when the a person on the list receives the box they contact the next on the list via private message on here or even a quick email as sam mentioned that should work awesome. If you get no response withing a week cross them off and move to the next on the list. I think it is part of your responsibility to keep in contact here if you want to be part of the "Box Pass". That way it will keep it moving and fun.
Any thoughts??

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Does anyone live near this guy? I say we round up the possy and go get our box back. Who know's maybe the guy is dead or maybe he moved?

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Fitzy, he hasn't moved that we can tell and if you search his real name on google you'll find a ton of stuff about him, including facebook accounts (which we received no response). And Romeowood said he contacted the pipeclub he was in and they haven't seen him in 2+ months.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I couldn't decide what to send in the box, so I'm donating my entire current open rotation to the pass. Also, on behalf of the NYPC, four unopened tins of the New York Pipe Club's New York State-of-Mind Collection blends. They're the first blends I had a hand in tinkering with, and apparently difficult to keep in stock over at Hearth & Home. I hope everyone down the line will find something to enjoy in them.

Jud, please revel in the the Christmas-morning delight of popping those fresh tins, then toss 'em in some baggies for the box's further travels.

BoxPass%2520Sep13.JPG

1. Box Pass Mk. IV sent out to Jud today. Huzzah!
2. I still need to hear from gwynclan, hawk60ce, chops, zunismoke, tab812 regarding your updated info.
3. The newly revised Official Box Pass List will be posted soon. There will also be some tweaks to the format which will be posted as well.
4. Thank you all for your patience; consider us back on track.
:puffy:

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
This is a sad development. Though it may have just been a bunch of pre-owned tobacco (weren't there quite a few pipes in there too?) it is still mildly depressing to hear someone amongst us would do such a thing. Hopefully he turns up and does the right thing, or karma will have its way.
In any event, it is reassuring to see all the generous members willing to donate to the new box pass. You all are a fantastic lot, and I'm looking forward to getting on that list!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
) it is still mildly depressing to hear someone amongst us would do such a thing.

Ya know, this has happened twice before since I've been here, and IIRC, the box reappeared both times. His pipe club hasn't seen him - it is possible that life is kicking his butt right now,and he has no time for pipes and other such. We don't know.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I agree with Jud. It's premature to berate the guy. For all we know he could be sick/dead whatever. If I lived near him I'd swing by the house but I think he's pretty far from here. His family could be sitting on the box even not knowing what to do with it. Heck he could have even moved and they just dropped the package off at the house.
For all we know he could even be in jail.

blackbeard82

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2013
Wow been watching this thread, what a crock of $%!#.
Honor Integrity all but lost to some :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.