PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
No! Don't talk to me! PM baronsamedi with your info. I'll ignore any PM's I get in relation to the Box Pass as I stated I would in the first post.
-Jason

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I'll post the rules again here. That way newer people can find them without hunting through pages.
Here are the basics: This Box Pass is a box that has a large variety of tobaccos for you to sample. It is sponsored by the members, not Pipes Magazine. If you want to be included, you must meet the requirements below:
1. Must be a member for a minimum of 4 months
2. Post Count must be at least 100 posts
3. Have the financial resources to spend $15-20.00 on shipping the box to the next person.
4. Live in the U.S.A. We hate to do this but it's gone to Canada before and while it made it safely, there is always the possibility of Canadian Customs keeping it. We'd rather be safe than sorry.
5. Give your: name, screenname, address, email address, and phone number to baronsamedi (he will keep your phone number and not put it on the list).
6. Keep the box no longer than 2 weeks.
Do not sign up if you do not have a stable address, will be moving soon, going to school out of state, etc. You need to be an active, established member on here to show that you will be sticking around, and are trustworthy. The other two boxes that were "lost", were the result of not having the above attributes.
There will be a list which needs to be kept on top of the tobacco with all the names of the recipients on it. Please be sure to keep it circulating with the box. It will have all the information you need on who to send the box to next (excluding their phone number, which is kept by baronsamedi). Please take any samples that you want, but add your samples back in.
Try not to take a whole 4 ounce bag, the whole purpose is to have a large variety of tobaccos for everyone to try. Enjoy!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Even if you got on the list now, the box wouldn't make it there for 6 months. Hang out for 2-3 months and post regularly and show pics and you'll have no problemo

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
We all thought the box was gone for good when it showed up at my door and I took the wheel. Since then, it disappeared in California for 2 months and between then and now one member was banned and two others dropped off on their own. Even with the rules in place, every pass is a gamble and members may have to wait close to a year before they see it. Like Jud said, put your time in and have patience. Once you get the box, it's worth the wait!

tab812

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Floyds Knobs, IN
Just want everyone to know, the USPS just dropped off the box at my house. It is safe and sound!!!!

I'll post some pics later but with the good weather this weekend I'll be devoting all my time to yard work and cleaning and painting the deck... Just wanted to thank Jud for a good pass.
:)

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Damn, that's nice work from the USPS! Enjoy all that goodness! I'm about to fire up some Miskatonic U I got from the pass.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
:rofl:
Lots of stuff in there! Wish I'd snagged more of the McCranie's Highland that was in there. I've made a note to grab 8 oz the next time I do an order from them.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Looks like Santa will be bringing the box to my house seeing where I am on the list!!! I've been good Santa!!!! I promise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.