PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Well gang. We have a new issue. One of the members on the box pass list is no longer a member. Herbinedave is no longer on the forums. I am unaware of why but he asked if he was still included in the box pass. I told him I would ask, but it didn't seem right since it is a PM Forums thing. If you can't post, you can't play.
He replied that if he's no longer on the pass, then he wants his contributions back. In fairness he did contribute a good amount of stuff to the new box after the old one disappeared and we thought it was gone. I have my personal opinion on the matter, but I'm going to hold it back and see what you say.
I see myself as simply coordinator, and though I can make some judgment calls, a decision like this merits a consensus.
So what say you?

Aug 1, 2012
USA
Since you contribute based on the assumption that you will be participating, I say either send back his baccy (or what's left of it) or allow him to participate. Just my opinion and I know I'm not part of the pass yet so take it for what it's worth.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I am sorry to hear Dave is not a member with us any longer. I enjoyed his posts, I'm sure there are reasons, but I never like to see our group/forum lose a member. My opinion of the samples is that it is a "donation", and they were freely given. I guess it's like any relationship that goes bad, and one party wants the "ring" back.
:puffpipe:

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Geez Louise, Dave's paid it forward many times for a lot of you here on this forum, including me, if you want, pull his samples and I will pay for the shipping back. Hence the box is 14 some odd pounds, I am sure giving back whatever he has donated twice now, will not dent the pass in a considerable way.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Would love to get the box passed to me but I am in the army and will be leaving the place I live now for a different place in april and then a different place in july.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
+1 beewrangler. I know hes given me a lot in the past. Either give back or let him stay in. Normally i wouldnt say that, but in daves case...

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
I'm not doing the box pass, I would but I don't have anythig to give ( sent some out to members that could use it) but I just want to say, that from the time Iv been on the forums Dave's been a great guy and always gave it forward. Just my 2cents.

Cheers

Gunnar

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm of the opinion that a donation is a donation. Likewise, if he has been kicked out of the forum, he shouldn't be on the list to get the box.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
My assumption, and we all know what happens when you assume, is that he did not get kicked off and has left on his own for one reason or another. I do wish him the best.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I checked the list and he's pretty far down at this point. I won't make any changes as of yet, since his turn is about 6 months down the road and a million things could change by then. When it gets close we can revisit this if it is still an issue.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The one at the top of the page is still correct since Gecko13 combined the boxes. The box is just a behemoth now. Pretty soon we will need a pallet jack to move the box.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I thought a donation meant that you will receive no benefit? He would receive the box which is a benefit.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Someone dropped the ball on one box so everyone sent samples to start another, Dave included, then he was kicked off the forum, is apparently trying to stay in touch. If he can't be on the list because he's not a member here then send his samples back. If there had been a big F U guys this Is my month to go type of thread that would be different.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The box has arrived at my abode. All credit to the USPS - it was sent out Friday, and got here on Monday. Not shabby. It's almost overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.