PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKiller

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Texas
Cigars, a world where you spend $10 on a dime's worth of tobacco.
Well said. Exactly why I switched to pipes and have no regrets at all about it.

As for the future, I didn't see anyone mention the main vector via which it will be attacked: the argument that aromatics are for children. With the current voting base allowing their heartstrings to be played like a violin, it will be a trivial agenda.

This is how they went after cigarettes, after all. They will certainly say that cherry and vanilla and butterscotch is proof positive that pipe tobacco is designed to get 5 year olds hooked on pipes. I can already see the ads with poor pipe smoking cancer kids. :cry:

TimeKiller

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Texas
I'm getting really sick of "they."
I completely agree with this, and IRL I try not to use the all encompassing, anonymous, Illuminati "they" when talking about things, especially policy. "They" have names and affiliations and agendas, yes indeed. "They" also do often hide behind their little bought and paid for public creatures to devise and frame friendly narratives, yes.

But if you don't have a "they" for sake these discussions, then the discussion goes into politics immediately, and you start violating all kinds of rules, or worse, ruffling feathers, God forbid!

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I completely agree with this, and IRL I try not to use the all encompassing, anonymous, Illuminati "they" when talking about things, especially policy. "They" have names and affiliations and agendas, yes indeed. "They" also do often hide behind their little bought and paid for public creatures to devise and frame friendly narratives, yes.

But if you don't have a "they" for sake these discussions, then the discussion goes into politics immediately, and you start violating all kinds of rules, or worse, ruffling feathers, God forbid!
They is now “woke” language for gender identities that are not “cis”. Cis? When did a man stop being referred to as man? That’s not politics, that 10,000 years of known language agreement. Stand back as I blow you a smoke ring if you get the drift.

JB00

Lurker
Feb 15, 2021
It’s hard to hide your pipe rack and all those ball jars from your mom and dad.
Hey, when I started smoking a pipe at 18 in a very staunchly anti tobacco family, this was my reality. One day when I was at work, my mother did a raid and I lost about a dozen tins. What a sad day that was.

Reggie

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2020
Gardendale, Alabama
Dumb question but a legit one. Aside from all the cliche , How does one predict the amount of tobacco needed for a 55 year old healthy male at 1-2 bowls a day. I understand that you can’t have too much. It can be barter , if nothing else. But do I just buy as much as I can? I have a seller of about 30 lbs. now.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Dumb question but a legit one. Aside from all the cliche , How does one predict the amount of tobacco needed for a 55 year old healthy male at 1-2 bowls a day. I understand that you can’t have too much. It can be barter , if nothing else. But do I just buy as much as I can? I have a seller of about 30 lbs. now.
Start with a 3gram estimate per bowl and do the multiplication.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013

You're going through about four pounds of tobacco each year (I assumed 5 grams per day). If you expect to live and be smoking another thirty years you’ll burn through about 120 pounds.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Mar 1, 2014
They is now “woke” language for gender identities that are not “cis”. Cis? When did a man stop being referred to as man? That’s not politics, that 10,000 years of known language agreement. Stand back as I blow you a smoke ring if you get the drift.
I'd give this comment a "Like" but if anyone associates my online presence with any kind of dissenting remarks then a Twitter mob is likely to harass all financial institutions into closing my accounts and preventing me from ever doing business in any official capacity ever again.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Say you averaged 1.5 bowls per day x 3 grams per bowl = 4.5 gr per day. 4.5 gr x 365 days per year = 1.643 kgr per year = 3.6 pounds per year. If you want to estimated based on 2 bowls per day, go with 4.8 pounds per year. If you want to protect yourself in case you live to 95, you need 192 pounds. I'd round up to 200 lbs to account for some spoilage.

You better get busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.