PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Btw, I also sometimes get a raspberry flavour from Yerba alone.
What brand of Yerba? I'm a big fan of Canarias for the smoked flavor. The brand most available in US stores is Guayaki and it is unsmoked. It's still pretty good but much less depth of flavor.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
What brand of Yerba? I'm a big fan of Canarias for the smoked flavor. The brand most available in US stores is Guayaki and it is unsmoked. It's still pretty good but much less depth of flavor.
Canarias is nice. Very gaucho, sin palo. Currently I am drinking Kraus gaucho which is almost identical to canarias except coincidentally with more of a raspberry flavour. Lol. I find the raspberry comes from blends that are only leaf. If I’m having con palo, I love rosamonte especial. I trust you don’t add sugar? ;)

Reactions: rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Canarias is nice. Very gaucho, sin palo. Currently I am drinking Kraus gaucho which is almost identical to canarias except coincidentally with more of a raspberry flavour. Lol. I find the raspberry comes from blends that are only leaf. If I’m having con palo, I love rosamonte especial. I trust you don’t add sugar? ;)
No sugar! Traditional prep in a ceramic gourd or terere with citrus.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
A blend that I occasionally get early morning cravings for is SG Grousemoor... the lemony cookie notes work well with lighter morning beverages like gunpowder green teas or rock oolongs. Might work with Yerba as well.

Reactions: kurtbob and Ahi Ka

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
For the last year, my daily morning coffee jam has been GH&Co Scotch Mixture, packed the night before, with a little 5 Brothers if I've got to get moving in a hurry. Whenever I try to switch it up, I just end up thinking about cigarettes.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
So last summer we were at the beach at I was swimming and just having a good time when all of a sudden, these Greenpeace boats surrounded me filled with hippies and started yelling "Head out to open sea!" I was was like "WTF! I'm a man damn it! There was a pod of hot hippie chics on the bow crying and saying "You almost never get to see one in the wild! I hope he makes it!" and I was like "Shut the *&$# up you dumb, blonde wh..." when all of sudden this huge net gets shot around me and I get pulled up in a cargo ship and right before I'm tranquilized, I can see the two Greenpeace boat crew bail out just before they got run over by two Wellcraft Scarabs, deflating them.

So I wake up in a Learjet and the executives from SeaWorld are apologizing for the theatrics and are offering me half a million dollars a year and all the fish I can eat if I'll put on a black and white swimsuit and appear in Orca pool now that they can't put on the Killer Whale show! The nerve! I'm big, yeah, maybe even Beluga big but not Orca big!!! Jackasses. I don't even eat fish! Well, that was the last straw and I knew it was time to lose weight. (The first straw being when Macy's asked if I would like a job as the clothing fit model for the Thanksgiving character balloons like Mickey Mouse. I tell ya, if I could run and catch one of those balloons, I'd poke holes in it) I said no, they landed in Omaha and and one of them said "Roll him out of the plane." I said "I'll just walk out, thanks" and they paid to Greyhound me home. So anyways, the diet I am on sucks, but the Chocolate drink they have is FANTASTIC when you add it with coffee. That with a bowl of Dark Bird's Eye is awesome.

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
My first bowl of the day is always an aromatic (currently Peterson Special Reserve 2019) in one of my dedicated pipes, right after caffelatte (or cappuccino)

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I rotate sometimes I'll get a blend that I have every morning for a few days but normally I rotate through my open tins. Start my day with snus and two cups of moka pot coffee. I have to go out to pick up groceries today which means I might have my third pipe since this virus started. I've been getting my excercise with my girlfriend by taking late night walks and that's not conductive to smoking since she is really sensitive to smoke (though loves snus and has tried smoking a pipe on occasions). The thing is variety is the spice of life and I don't want to get bored with a blend ever.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
As soon as my coffee is made, I grab my first pipe of the day. I don't get up until around 11 am. I usually go with a milder smoke for the first of the day. I have currently been smoking the following blends as a first of the day

2012 Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug.
2012 Rotary Navy Cut
2008 Samuel Gawith Golden Glow
2012 Solani 660 Silver Flake
2013 Capstan Blue Flake
2012 Fribourg & Treyer Special Brown Flake

Umberto

Lurker
Apr 11, 2020
Morning bowl is best. Nothing like a cold condensate unintended retrohale with a cup of joe.

I think i enjoy the ritual of a morning bowl, far more than an afternoon or evening smoke. i can wear the smoke on my body, shower and go about my day.

Reactions: kurtbob