PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Not sure, I've actually never tried it, but it sounds strong. Old dark fired is as strong as I'm comfortable going
In the pipe world, I guess you would call it strong in the Nic department. In the big picture (cigs, dip etc) it’s on equal with smoking a Marlboro red but less than putting in a big ole dip of Copenhagen.....if that makes any sense ;)

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Are we talking nic strength? Never had 5 bros, how does it compare in strength to Royal Yacht? Thats pretty strong to me.

Not sure, I've actually never tried it, but it sounds strong. Old dark fired is as strong as I'm comfortable going

I have found the nicotine in pipe tobacco to be waaay less than cigars or cigarettes. I've not tried Royal Yacht but, in my opinion Five Brothers is no different than SWR or PA. Any pipe could make me feel a little shitty if I smoke too much without eating.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
How long did it take to get off the cigs?
When I first started with the pipe I knew I wanted to quit cigs but I didn't try all that hard. I smoked both for a few months and was just glad I had cut back to half a pack instead of a whole one. I started really cutting back probably last October and quit them completely as my new year's resolution. Haven't touched one since, so I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear!

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Coffee, a little heavy cream & sugar along with a good sized bowl of GL Pease Ashbury, or if the sweet tooth is calling, some Eric Stokkebye 4th Gen 1882. If I’m blessed with enlightened time to double up; more coffee and some Samuel Gawith Balkan Flake. First pipe of the day is also my favorite and most anticipated!