PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I don’t know anyone who’s been shot and I don’t know anyone who knows anyone who’s been shot, killed or not, so I feel pretty safe.

Now, I do know people who’ve been bitten by beavers, and who’ve choked on Poutine. So there’s that.

There's also Sasquatches up there.

Not rumor, either. Fact. One of the meanest ones is actually a pipe maker (!) and has been encountered repeatedly in the Canadisian sub-country of Alberta (famous for being where the real men live), about halfway between Calgary and Edmonton:

Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 6.48.29 PM.png

As for the non real men found in the other Candisian sub-countries, they are also scary, but for a whole different reason:

Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 6.56.28 PM.png

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
There's also Sasquatches up there.

Not rumor, either. Fact. One of the meanest ones is actually a pipe maker (!) and has been encountered repeatedly in the Canadisian sub-country of Alberta (famous for being where the real men live), about halfway between Calgary and Edmonton:

View attachment 280677

As for the non real men found in the other Candisian sub-countries, they are also scary, but for a whole different reason:

View attachment 280680
I was born in Red Deer, but I'm only part samsquanch on my father's side.

We have a Marxist/Lennonist party (Groucho/John, not commies lol).

Sooo, you don't think Groucho and John Lennon were commies? Wait, wait, that is just too political for this forum. Everyone can just resume their non-political discussions of elected Canadians. puffy

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Sooo, you don't think Groucho and John Lennon were commies? Wait, wait, that is just too political for this forum. Everyone can just resume their non-political discussions of elected Canadians. puffy
The Rhino party wasn't communist itself, they were just mocking the actual Canadian communist parties. In many ways the Rhinoceros party were monarchists, they wanted the Queen to move to Quebec and wanted to make Britain a Canadian province.

I am not a fan of Lennon to say the least.Screenshot_20240119-103653_Google.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Says the guy who thinks expressing disdain for the corporate news media is an obvious political statement.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
The Rhino party wasn't communist itself, they were just mocking the actual Canadian communist parties. In many ways the Rhinoceros party were monarchists, they wanted the Queen to move to Quebec and wanted to make Britain a Canadian province.
I'm up for that, where do I sign? You can have King Charlie, and his little bruv Andy. You might wanna keep an eye on Andy though.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Uh...wrong link there. Here's a link to the Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada's website.
The World Turned Upside Down.
At one time, the Communist Party had a large Jewish membership. My mother's mother, a immigrant from Poland (1905) was a Communist. Then they found out about how Jews were treated in the USSR. And how the USSR supported all of the countries attacking Israel in the '48, '67 and '72 wars. Of course, the commies are completely marginalized in North America, their votes and actions have zero impact. But still, it's weird for me to see just how much they hate Jews. And yet, there are Jews that still support them. Well, even the mentally ill are entitled to an opinion.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
The World Turned Upside Down.
At one time, the Communist Party had a large Jewish membership. My mother's mother, an immigrant from Poland (1905) was a Communist. Then they found out about how Jews were treated in the USSR. And how the USSR supported all of the countries attacking Israel in the '48, '67 and '72 wars. Of course, the commies are completely marginalized in North America, their votes and actions have zero impact. But still, it's weird for me to see just how much they hate Jews. And yet, there are Jews that still support them. Well, even the mentally ill are entitled to an opinion.
Large sums of the discontented vote against their own self interest…but trying to explain why they might wanna consider another way is like shining sunlight ☀️ on a vampire 🧛‍♀️. 🤣☕

1705697030422.gif

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Reactions: Winnipeger