PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Frustrating twice, Do they sell Benson&Hedges Gold or 555 State Express cigs there in Canada?
There's Benson and hedges but I stopped smoking years ago. But Benson and hedges black and gold full flavour was my brand. Benson and hedges gold were lights. Now it's all plain packaging and they cant use the term light so I don't know what is what anymore. Never seen 555's before in canada

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
When New Zealand passed that lifetime ban nonsense I knew other countries would follow suit, I figured Canada would be the second but third is not far off. It's just like how Australia passed plain packaging and more and more countries are doing it. Anti smoking legislation anywhere is a threat everywhere.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
When New Zealand passed that lifetime ban nonsense I knew other countries would follow suit, I figured Canada would be the second but third is not far off. It's just like how Australia passed plain packaging and more and more countries are doing it. Anti smoking legislation anywhere is a threat everywhere.
Finland have just adopted this weirdo plain package nonsense.

• Sad
Reactions: Scottmi

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
Ah, I see! I saw the title and thought maybe canadians dropped behind liverpools in the latest most-popular-classic-shape poll.

Sorry for the interruption; you guys carry on your communist/anti-communist discussion.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Almost sixty years ago my father took me with him to go look at a bird dog over on the Sac River bottoms, now dammed up by Lake Stockton since 1970.

If you’ve watched the movie Deliverance that was about the level of civilization there.:)

The man with the bird dogs wasn’t home. His wife (not exactly a supermodel) directed us to a certain spot on the river.

There a bunch of river dwellers were having a coon on a log contest.

There was a raccoon on a log in the river, and dogs would swim out and attempt to pull the coon off the log and drown it. The coon seemed to be winning. The dogs would swim back a bloody mess.

There were men drinking whiskey right out of the bottle and beer right out of the can, and some women too, whose clothes fit too tightly. They were gambling and cussing loudly, right in front of those girls.

I started crying, and said Daddy that coon is going to kill one of those poor dogs!

He said he’d come back later to the man because he had to go milk and on the way home Daddy taught me tolerance about river rats and their ways.

He said if you don’t like a coon on a log contest go someplace else.

Today those coon on a log contests are as much a crime as cockfighting all over the USA.

The problem we smokers have is other folks look at us, and think of us like we are sinful and wicked.

They really don’t care what our pleasures are, since they don’t find pleasure in them.