PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Logically, with this rate of monthly expenditure, In just over two years, I secure my cellar. and I'II avoid tobacco market uncertainty. That I'm sure, he's going to go to same shit. Like everything traditional,cultural, and those old thing of our childhood..............? Amen............

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
Likely we all spend differently depending upon each's situation. However, I think a lot of us who have recently joined this endeavor to sustain the culture? will spend more in the beginning as they accumulate experience.

I think pipe smoking has helped keep me alive because it has provided a relief from stress in so many ways.
When I bought my first cob, I had no idea, I had only recently returned to tobacco smoking, and that was ryo and after about yet another 5 yr quit. Once again...stress caught up with me.
In desperation, I smoked a cigarette. It seemed to help. I was rolling from an old batch of Drum or OHM that i'd kept hanging around. When I could get those papers that came with Drum, I was ok, but I was still not happy inhaling burnt paper.
I decided to go get a cob at the drugstore and within a month I found this forum and learned so much!
Nowadays I buy tobacco only, and only once or twice a year typically, in bulk, and about $200 at a time.
I live on a fixed income, within my means, and that too helps with stress relief.View attachment 78014
I agree about the stress relief. When I go a day without my pipe, I don't feel an urge for the nicotine but miss the moments dedicated to calm. Liquor does the same for me, though less often. Every couple weeks, a 4oz pour of 80-proof anything and an ice cube is a perfect moment of rest.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I buy the occasional pipe, but that's down to one or two a year, and usually at a modest price. Likewise with tobacco, I smoke about a bowl a day, so I end up buying more tobacco than I smoke, and it accumulates. I hope, when averaged, I spend about $30 a month, but it could be a little more. I'd be oppressed by a huge cellar, since I smoke just a little.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
If it matters to them, it matters to me. Which means, I choose to respect others whether I understand or agree. Does that provide you with some clarity as to what I think?
Good plan, but I'd beware of all that respect nonsense. With respect there's no fighting. Now what fun is that?

I mean what would you rather watch Godzilla or a doc on growing wild mushrooms?

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Hmmm. When I first started, I was buying stuff left and right like it was going out of style, but then it mellowed out pretty quick to just the occasional pack of pipe cleaners, cigar, or whatever.

Took me a bit over a year to finally run low on one of the tobaccos I like, so I picked up 10 pounds of it recently. Haven’t bought any pipes in a while and don’t really feel an urge to.

I might start cellaring in earnest given some of the legislative rumblings on the horizon, though.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I still have a small stash and supply so I’ve been spending about $500 a month. Mostly on tobacco, as much as I like the expensive pipes at this time I’d rather build up a collection of 70-150$ pipes and a cellar full of tobacco. Even though I’m new to pipes I can already see how quickly a favorite blend can disappear plus the looming threat of Deeming Day make me wanna be prepared. Lastly if tobacco becomes to expensive and in some cases discontinued maybe those expensive pipes will become more affordable ?

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Yes I do. They are people and have value just like you.
After seeing the what has become of the victims to pedophiles and rapists I can say with full conviction that pedophiles and rapists are not people worth a damn thing nor a single consideration besides in what matter should they suffer for what they’ve done to those who were innocent

Status
Not open for further replies.