PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
A band from my hometown of Buffalo, NY (maybe they're from Niagara Falls), who is great is STEMM. I think they kicked around locally for a long time and finally got their first national tour with Ozzfest in some year I don't remember. I think that was their only national tour, which is a shame. Unfortunately, they're no longer together and some of the members are now in a Pearl Jam cover band. Kinda lame, not that I have anything against Pearl Jam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN182ZkEL7A

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Try and keep a bowl lit through this entire song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZcSleep

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
jeffsimpson

my university has a heavy metal club that I'm a part of. every week we go into the forest and drink, listen to metal, and I often bring my pipe.

I need this club, I already qualify except I don't go to university.
I like drinking in the woods, I like heavy metal, I like pipes to burn vegetation, I like beer, I like people who like heavy metal.

jeffsimpson

Might Stick Around
Apr 12, 2014
It's pretty great; we take one of them portable generators from Crappy Tire, a boombox, and some tiki torches for once it gets dark, and stay out until (usually) two AM or so hanging out. We also organize some concerts in town, have our own campus radio show, and all kinds of other fun stuff. Later on today, we're going to the petting zoo to watch the 'Goat Stampede' then we're having a barbecue. Should be good times.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
This song / lyric popped into my head while waiting behind a zombie in traffic today:
"I think I grew a gray watching you procrastinate.

What are you waiting for, a certain shade of green?"
watch

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Now Playing (NP): Slayer - "Christ Illusion" while smoking my bent egg Meerschaum pipe with some Balkan Sobranie.

I know Slayer gets a lot of flak for their post "Season's In the Abyss" era work, but this album is really darn good in my opinion.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
My biggest complaint with Slayer over the last few records has been crappy guitar tones. World Painted Blood specifically I thought the guitars were quite weak. I'm picky that way I guess...

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Lol, I hear ya, they are def two completely different "moods" of songs. I also prefer the acoustic version of summer romance, but only by a little bc I love the horns in the album version.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Lately I've been listening to a lot of Amorphis, specifically the Pasi Koskinen albums (Elegy/Tuonela/Am Universum/Far From The Sun). To me, there's something magical about putting on Am Universum and firing up some MV-1000 in my Lorenzo Lectura...its like every time I put those three elements together, its bridging to every other time I did it, its always the same gratifying feeling...but that's just me.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I'm enjoying this thread immensely - I'll have to fire up a bowl and start researching some of these bands that I havn't heard of before.
Havn't thought of Skindred in a while. Saw them live several years ago - their rendition of "Electric Avenue" is quite good. Saw Mastodon last year along with Rob Zombie, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom (again), Butcher Babies, and a bunch of other bands at Tinley Park (Chicago.) First time seeing Mastodon, and I thought it was good.
My favorites are still Wintersun and Eluveitie... and Rammstein :worship:
Volbeat is coming to town - I may decide to go. I think I've come to prefer listening to music at home with a pipe versus being in a veritable sea of people, some of them trying to mosh, etc. More focused and serene at home.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I love that Floor is doing the vocals with Nightwish. Best vocalist they've ever had in my opinion. I'd be sad if they ever let her go. That Wacken video that Chaps posted is a goody - particularly the ending of "Ghost Love Score."
Man, can that woman sing...

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I know Slayer gets a lot of flak for their post "Season's In the Abyss" era work
MHCG, have you heard the new Slayer track yet? I posted it in the 'What Are You Listening To' thread, but here it is again for the metalheads. I've listened to it about three times now, still don't know how I feel about it. It's okay so far, but not really grabbing me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBG1WLxlQ9M

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
To all the Agalloch and Wolves in the Throne Room fans: have you heard Deafheaven? Their album Sunbather is one of those perfect albums to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWyVhIBmdGw
I've also been listening to lots of Indian and Lord Mantis lately to get my doom fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.