March Meerschaum Madness - Let the Madness Begin!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@keith929: Just asking. I once stayed in a resort near Tampa for the night before driving up to NY about two years ago. My wife being someone who will not be donating her brain to medical science booked us into a 'Naturist Colony'. I was talking early the next morning with the chap in the next bungalow about something or other and the view was just like your picture from the neck down. I was somewhat taken aback when he stood in full 'Gods Underwear' or as we would say in the old country 'I couldn't Adam and Eve it'. The picture reminded me of that moment, not for one moment am I suggesting you would be running around in the flesh! As an after thought what is that interest thing around you neck if you will pardon my curiosity!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@didimauw: 85/86 and that's 1985 and not 1885 as one or two smart arses have suggested in the past. It was a meerschaum billiard and I gave to a chap on here called Eric who used to restore those 1950s Electric Air Biscuit camper trailers or something like that called Air whatever. I think I purchased in London somewhere or other for about £18.00 which was a lot of money in those days.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
@didimauw: 85/86 and that's 1985 and not 1885 as one or two smart arses have suggested in the past. It was a meerschaum billiard and I gave to a chap on here called Eric who used to restore those 1950s Electric Air Biscuit camper trailers or something like that called Air whatever. I think I purchased in London somewhere or other for about £18.00 which was a lot of money in those days.
So you don't always pry them out of the caskets then! 😂