PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I have two on the way from Josh Ronish at Dragon Briars. Anyone wondering can find videos on his instagram page. High powered magnet connection between stem and shank rather than a mortise/tenon setup. The pipes are also cool because the magnets make the pipe magnetic in general. If you need to set it down you can just slap it up on the side of a tool chest if you so choose.

In addition, the lack of a tenon allows one to remove the stem from the pipe while smoking if you should need to, without risking any kind of damage or deformity to the stem.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I have two on the way from Josh Ronish at Dragon Briars. Anyone wondering can find videos on his instagram page. High powered magnet connection between stem and shank rather than a mortise/tenon setup. The pipes are also cool because the magnets make the pipe magnetic in general. If you need to set it down you can just slap it up on the side of a tool chest if you so choose.

In addition, the lack of a tenon allows one to remove the stem from the pipe while smoking if you should need to, without risking any kind of damage or deformity to the stem.
No leakage?

Aug 1, 2012
I would think they might work. One caution, when high powered magnets are allowed to strike together with much force, they can chip or crack which could be a problem down the road as well as an eye injury hazard. A super thin cork washer, like you might find in a brass instrument valve, would probably mitigate a lot of that issue.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains