PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Keitha

Might Stick Around
Jun 23, 2020
Costa Mesa, CA
I'm all for innovation, but:
If a magnet is exposed to high temperatures, the delicate balance between temperature and magnetic domains is destabilized. At around 176 °F, a magnet will lose its magnetism and it will become demagnetized permanently if exposed to this temperature for a period

Now I'm not sure if these will be exposed that that heat, but maybe?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm all for innovation, but:
If a magnet is exposed to high temperatures, the delicate balance between temperature and magnetic domains is destabilized. At around 176 °F, a magnet will lose its magnetism and it will become demagnetized permanently if exposed to this temperature for a period

Now I'm not sure if these will be exposed that that heat, but maybe?
If someone is smoking hot enough for that much heat to reach those magnets, maybe its time to give up pipe smoking.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Don't know yet, he is in the process of making mine. Although according to him, and a few people who have bought them so far, there are no issues. The magnets are quite strong, they will grab the stem from a half inch away and suck it on like WHAP!
We have a few magnets at work that are called true earth magnets. they are about the size of a watch battery but will attract thru you hand and not move