PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Had some people move in across the street, fairly young, about my daughter's age. So far they haven't been very friendly, no waves, no interest in getting know anyone around here. Lots of traffic in and out. Just heard from the guy next door, his wife was out on there screened in porch, and someone from across the street walked over and started taking a piss on the lawn right between our properties. I typically don't care what people do, and tend operate in a " what happens at your place is none of my business" kind of fashion. Once whatever you are doing comes over to my side of the street we have a problem.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
I’d have to stop the urinating. Nothing respectful. However, you never know whose carrying a gun or what drug their taking.

As they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words.
It's a fair bet there isn't much for guns there, and as for drugs who knows...this area has it's share of problems like most.
Asking this of this group of guys, you're probably going to get some very interesting answers.
Not sure there was a question in there from me

Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Every one of the several places I have lived has had a person living somewhere nearby that doesn't seem to fit in. It seems to be a statistical fact. Sometimes it's a good thing, and sometimes it creates real problems. Good luck to you.
I have dealt with rotten neighbors before...and likely will again. Never fun, but part of life if you have neighbors at all.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'd put up some security cameras and record them for awhile. Make sure the shotgun and pistols are loaded with one in the chamber.

Another approach might be to bake a pie, walk across the street, knock on the door and welcome them to the neighborhood. Who knows, perhaps your initial perception is wrong. Out, at least you can confirm it is right.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The welcoming visit (with baked goods) might be a good idea, to maybe gain some consideration, if not much, but mostly to give you an idea of who you are dealing with, reconnaissance. It's a tactical decision, but I don't think I'd go inside, and probably don't take your wife. After that, it is watch and wait. My sense is that this crew will wear out its welcome in the community fairly quickly and be gone, hopefully without your having to intercede. Do you know if they are renting or buying? Bad tenants can polish off a house in weeks. Then the landlord and his lawyer and the sheriff might make it all go away. Good neighbors are priceless.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
The welcoming visit (with baked goods) might be a good idea, to maybe gain some consideration, if not much, but mostly to give you an idea of who you are dealing with, reconnaissance. It's a tactical decision, but I don't think I'd go inside, and probably don't take your wife. After that, it is watch and wait. My sense is that this crew will wear out its welcome in the community fairly quickly and be gone, hopefully without your having to intercede. Do you know if they are renting or buying? Bad tenants can polish off a house in weeks. Then the landlord and his lawyer and the sheriff might make it all go away. Good neighbors are priceless.
They are indeed renters. I understand the baked goods suggestion from you and @hoosierpipeguy ...I tend to be more of a homemade pulled pork kind of guy. I usually make 20-30 lbs at a time, and don't hesitate to share with the folks around here that don't piss on my lawn

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Sharing can breed familiarity.

I’ve come from a 100 plus acre space that could be clothes optional to a place where if I leave the front door open there is a straight shot to the bathroom. Not complaining, just a fact.

I want to be neighborly while installing an invisible barrier.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Sharing can breed familiarity.

I’ve come from a 100 plus acre space that could be clothes optional to a place where if I leave the front door open there is a straight shot to the bathroom. Not complaining, just a fact.

I want to be neighborly while installing an invisible barrier.
Close quarters requires a certain amount of finesse to get along with everyone....to be in a location where there is enough space to be ignorant of someone watering your front lawn is ideal.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Neighbors come is all styles. Some good, some bad, majority are in the okay category. My wife, who never met a stranger and is always right (if you don't believe me ask her) and absolutely abhors guns, would probably opt for the bake them a pie and welcome them to the neighborhood. Surprisingly to me it works most of the time. Personally, if all of humanity left me alone I would be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.