Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
No built in tamper, but I dig the Bic EZ Reach:
EZ_Reach_Web_Template_nobutton.png

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I have had a pipe zippo for many years but can never seem to get a good light from it.I struggle to draw the flame down and when it does the tobacco doesnt want to light.
Even with crispy tobacco.
What am I doing wrong,i must be as so many get on fine with a zippo

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
Can't find any info on how these hemp wick lighters work.
From what I can make out from the Flicwic store, they're a sleeve for a Bic lighter. ???
Does the Bic light the hemp wick?

They've also got Glass Blunt with Telescoping Borosilicate Tube.
Anyone know what these are?

For those who might be interested, Flicwic are having a sale - Glass Blunt + a Flicwic for $24.90 [reduced from $49.90] 8 x Wick Refill Spools at half price - $19.95.
The Glass Blunts are reduced from $34.95 to $14.95.
Yes they hold a Bic and the Bic lights the wick. The glass blunts are basically for smoking weed, if I am not mistaken. They are discreet, can be cleaned and ashed easily (I guess unlike a regular bowl for smoking weed?) and look cool, I guess.

Reactions: chopper

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I don’t bother with trying to find the perfect lighter with the perfect tamper built in. I do like them to match though. I seem to have a thing for stainless steel…
View attachment 95581
I like your solution the best.
Nice combo you have there by the way.

IMHO a separate tamper is the way to go
Someone else mentioned Rollagas and DuPont lighters - I’ve been enjoying my Faux Pont quite a bit at a fraction of the cost.

Attachments

• 6B24FE91-263C-449D-9E26-66A3CC5E49A0.jpeg
    6B24FE91-263C-449D-9E26-66A3CC5E49A0.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Effortlessdepths

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I don’t bother with trying to find the perfect lighter with the perfect tamper built in. I do like them to match though. I seem to have a thing for stainless steel…
Mine don't even match! I always prefer a larger, separate tamper, though occasionally I have on me a lighter with a tamper and find that I had forgotten any other tamper!
Is that a Breville espresso machine?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Seriously you might try a Nimrod Lighter as they are pretty good. I have often wondered who thought up the name. I mean the marketing section must have had an off day. Maybe their first choice was to call it the 'Retard' or something. Pipe Zippo's are pretty good and some people here like 'Old Boy' lighters which I must confess I have never seen. I tend to go with matches personally but a visit to any average B&M store should give you a bunch to choose. Do not buy one of those 'blow torch' lighters as you will burn out the wall of your pipe.
You know before Bugs Bunny Nimrod was a compliment. He called Elmer Fudd a Nimrod sarcastically because the biblical Nimrod was supposedly a great hunter, kind of like calling an idiot Einstein. And people thought it meant idiot so new meaning born.
I would be willing to bet a very small sum that the Original Nimrod has some connection to fire.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
No built in tamper, but I dig the Bic EZ Reach:
EZ_Reach_Web_Template_nobutton.png
I just had a thought. They could have dropped even more of the subtlety and given Snoop a pipe, like a Sherlock Holmes Calabash pipe. I just realized I've never seen bic do any ads that connect their product to smoking aside from this one. Then again haven't seen that many bic ads.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I just had a thought. They could have dropped even more of the subtlety and given Snoop a pipe, like a Sherlock Holmes Calabash pipe. I just realized I've never seen bic do any ads that connect their product to smoking aside from this one. Then again haven't seen that many bic ads.
You want more Bic ads with Snoop and Martha? ? (One of the comments says, "It's great that Martha Stewart is the felon out of the two." :LOL:)

Status
Not open for further replies.