PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
We'll, my Colibri Pacific came in today. What a disappointment. I have to click it a million times to get it lit, duel adjustment is all messed up and random, and, somehow, backwards on top of it all, tamper is tiny and ineffectual, it's slippery and droppable, feels cheap I'm general and more specifically the ignition button is loose, it's not real chrome and I can see it's that painted on shit and it will chip off, AND.... The fuel gauge window is just more steel! You can't see through steel...

I am returning, obviously. Glad I have the Xikar Pipeline on the way, though now I'm thoroughly jaded.

Reactions: chopper

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
From casting Abraham into the furnace?
Abraham? Nimrod was a hunter and associated with the Tower of Babel. Abraham is responsible for fathering two sons whose offspring still do not get along.

Nebuchadnezzar ruled Babylon and threw Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego into the the furnace.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Abraham? Nimrod was a hunter and associated with the Tower of Babel. Abraham is responsible for fathering two sons whose offspring still do not get along.

Nebuchadnezzar ruled Babylon and threw Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego into the the furnace.

Abraham responds that people withstand wind. Nimrod becomes angry with Abraham and declares that Abraham shall be cast into the fire, and if Abraham is correct, i.e. that there is a real God, then that God will save him. Abraham is cast into the fire and is saved by God.

Only assumed to have been involved with the tower of Babel because of the time period.

Reactions: Effortlessdepths

telescopes

telescopes

image.jpg
This old Nimrod was used by him to light these two pipes, that much is for sure.

As others have noted, Nimrods like to go through fuel fairly quickly. They aren't the best in wind and they really aren't that great when it isn't windy. Also, one needs to especially enjoy the "smell of napalm in the morning" if you get my drift.

But they are unique, I use mine, and yeh, it is what it is.

Last edited:

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
No built in tamper, but I dig the Bic EZ Reach:
EZ_Reach_Web_Template_nobutton.png
"Perfect for candles...and MORE!"
LOL!
Who's your target audience, Bic?

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I've got a few lighters that I use.

Standard cheapo Bics, a Zippo with pipe insert, and a brass wheel lighter.
I find myself having to refill the Zippo and brass lighter quite often, sometimes after only several days. But if I overfill and make the interior stuffing too saturated, it becomes a dripping molotov cocktail lol. I'm using Zippo lighter fluid.

Just wondering how often you all find yourselves refilling your lighters.

51FLdyW5saL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

71Y4HPIKlYL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.