PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
-Anything involving horses and outdoors: mountain riding, training horses, cowboy challenge competitions, spending weeks in the backcountry with nothing but what I hauled in on the horses.

- Hunting, playing guitar, photography, writing, currently restoring an old barn.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Computer-everything, Gaming, Classic Heavy Metal, Reading, Writing, Swimming, Sunbathing, Movies and TV. I have progressing arthritis from a car crash in '79 including broken back and spine, so I can't do all the cool outdoors things I used to love.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Love seeing everyone's posts in this thread!
For me, it's reading, movies and TV, music, and writing/recording songs in my home studio. (Two CDs available, so far, on iTunes, Amazon, and CDBaby.)

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
-Paintball

-Pistol Target Shooting(IPSC)

-Hunting

-Gaming(PS3)

-The Walking Dead Graphic Novels

-Collecting lots of things(i just enjoy collecting in general)

-Poetry

-Movies and TV series i love

-Camping

-I try anything and everything at least twice.
Edit: i can just add and add and add to this the more i think about it.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
As requested here are the 'barn restoration' pics. I've just bought the property. The barn is getting re-roofed, but the structure is in great shape. The ground floor will be typical barn: stalls, tack room, utility room, but the top will be a 2 story living area, with the west side having lots of glass. I'm contracting out the roofing, but will do all the interior myself. Included a picture of the view I'll have from the top part of the barn, sitting on my balcony with a good pipe watching the sun go down!

dsc_0554_sml-450x600.jpg

dsc_0529_sml-600x400.jpg

dsc_0557_sml-600x450.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Ok...rmbittner, can you provide us with info on how to get or listen to your CD's?
Hunter, that is one of the most awesome barns ever, would be killer to have living quarters in the top.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
I do like a good hobby!

Carp fishing

Wells catfish fishing

Camping

Backpacking

Playing/teaching brass instruments

Marching bands/drum corps

Clay pigeon shooting

Vermin control

Air riffle hunting

Cooking ( I'm a chef)

Motor bikes. I'm disabled so as a spectator now :(

Xbox360

Facebook!

Breeding/rearing/loving bulldogs. I have 3 bitches.

Quad bike off roading

Reading

Carpentry ( very new)

Jan 22, 2013
music - my first love, I like it all and play almost all: classical, jazz, hip hop, singer songwriter/folk, reggae, ska, salsa, metal, etc. etc., I'm a trumpet and bass player (see below)

composing music - something i hope to do more of once i finish school for the second time

writing fiction - i wrote a novel for national novel writing month last year and I'm pretty proud of it. it comedic, but I'd like to write a sprawling epic like LOTR/The Dark Tower/His Dark Materials for my next attempt.

making art miscellaneously - I have lots of artists friends and sometimes I get the bug to do it myself. mostly painting and papier mache

learning Spanish and German - my wife is fluent/near fluent in the latter

more video games than I'd like to admit
it should be noted that all of these are on hold while I work towards a master's ...
-dug

dugsummerfest by Nonsense-Art, on Flickr

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Oh blimey. At the moment I'm more into my baritone which is a forward facing Degg (a discontinued marching instrument) with a mouthpiece that I've had for 25 years. It has no markings but I "borrowed" it from music class when I was at school and never returned it! It's slightly smaller than standard bar/euphonium mouthpieces which makes higher notes easier.
My personal instrument, finance nearly paid lol is a Bach New York extra large bore cos I'm a noisy bugger! I have a bob reeves cj2 mouthpiece for nice soft jazz ballads and a schilke 6a4z for when I'm dreaming that I can play like Maynard ferguson!

Jan 22, 2013
I really want a new trumpet ... saving up. I play a Bach Stradivarius Model 37, but my mouthpiece is exciting: Asymmetric Lead 342. It has really increased my range w/o significant sacrifice to endurance.

plank46

Lurker
May 31, 2013
How zit
My hobbies include:

Photography

Mineralogy (collecting rocks)

Scuba diving

Reading

Fitness

And anything else that interests me

plateauguy