PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
well I fly and build radio control airplanes, I enjoy reading, fishing, hunting, shooting, movies, women, playing jazz trumpet, learning guitar, hiking, rafting, canoeing, longboarding, when I get the chance surfing, gardening, and I cant think of anything else :puffy: :mrgreen:

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
My main passion is music. Been playing for nine years. Been recording it for a little over a year.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i enjoy being outside.

Backpacking

Rock climbing

Canoeing/Kayaking

I fight MMA and when my hand fully heals Boxing again

Lifting

Chess

and learning

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Guitar building/repair is where I'm at. I also have a small home recording set up, and have a one-man thrash/black metal band project. I'm working on a 2nd full length CD right now. I'm going to be using one of my home built guitars for the rhythm tracks. After that, I'm going to switch gears and guitars and work on a space/surf twang project that I've always wanted to do.
I also spend a lot of time in supposedly haunted houses, more often than not, nothing ever happens...

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
My number one hobby aside from pipe smoking and collecting is pipemaking. I also raise chickens, hike/backpack, play guitar, and scuba dive among other things.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
After reading this entire thread, I am amazed at the talent and diversity of my fellow pipe smokers! Besides collecting pipes to smoke and more tobacco brands and blends than I will ever finish, my hobbies include messing about with my antique Porsche 911 SC, riding my bikes - an HD FatBob for asphalt and a Kawasaki KLR 650 for everywhere and anywhere. I shoot and hunt and living in Canada affords some spectacular opportunities for both bird and big game hunting. I shoot IPSC and have a fair number of both semis and wheel guns but I really like my .357s and FINALLY acquired my holy grail - a matched set of Colt Pythons. I fish, both spinning and fly fishing. I rescue dogs and have given many trained, healthy dogs away to good homes but seem to be unable to give away Labs (see my avatar). I have 4 now and most days, they are a blessing. I brew beer for a living and have made it my mission in life to try every good food or booze that I can find. When I find the time, I cook or eat or sleep but think sleeping is highly over-rated. I also exercised once (for about fifteen minutes) but found I didn't care for it.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Besides pipe smoking and my recently discovered Peterson PAD, I also indulge in cooking, playing video games ( on PS3 ) and lots of reading. When it's close to hunting season, I do a bit of practice shooting and reloading, hoping to find the time to take my first moose this year in September. When the mood strikes, I've been known to write poetry ...
As of the beginning of this year, helping take care of my daughter ( she recently turned 6 months and working on getting a second tooth ) has taken priority over my hobbies ( except for pipe smoking of course ..... we do that together of sorts, take stroller walks with Daddy pushing and smoking )....

thatbeetleguy

Lurker
Jul 14, 2012
Fontana, CA
WOW! Everyone here has amazingly interesting and unique hobbies!
Anyhow, I am an entomologist (aka I study insects) as a career and hobby. Being an entomologist also allows me to do things that I like such as being out in the wilderness, traveling, enjoying nature, star gazing (when night collecting), exploring, and learning about the weird stuff in nature.
Other than that:

-painting/playing miniature "war games" (Warhammer 40K, Warmachine)

-drawing/sketching

-reading (mostly comic books, myths, and fantasy)

-playing role playing games (Dungeon and Dragons, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Shadowrun, Champions)

-Fishing (whenever I can)

-Being a Star Wars fan

-Costume building (although haven't finished a single one of them at all :( )

-Being a collector of various things

oldmooner

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2011
Sherman, Texas
I am an avid woodcarver and scrowlsawyer. I also do pictures in wood. I also read a lot. Even more since I purchased a "Kindle". I play chess, but I'm not good at it. I listen to my CD collection, and finally, I build plastic scale-model airplanes.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
As an aside...I've noticed that among my long time friends, the ones that have some sort of non-work related hobby seem to be the most relaxed and level-headed, regardless of what they're into. I know my hobbies keep me focused and motivated. It's good to keep busy.
Find something you like to do and do it. :)

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
These are more like activites than hobbies. I fish a lot...in ocean (got my butt beat out there today)in river, or freshwater....anywhere! I also have been surfing for 33 years, and I only live a few miles from Atlantic. I also love to coach football, I coach a pop warner team in fall.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Computer games (NOT console games!), guitar, boomerangs (yes they come back, with the long distance ones, you can stand at one goal post and throw it around the other goal post, and it's just a stick), racing my Miata, chess, played paper D&D as the DM for many years, I know ALL the First Edition rules (Keep on the Borderlands, anyone?), shooting (I like sporting clays because the targets are moving and blow up when you hit 'em), fishing, hunting (only five times so far though; one squirrel, one rabbit), paintball (currently on hiatus, but look at my sweet smoke grenade in my avatar), building 1/72 WWII vehicles and aircraft, collecting knives, all things IT (hardware, software, Mac, Linux and Windows), pipe smoking, motorbikes (don't have one now though), beer, bourbon and scotch, traveling, being alone, most anything that is an adventure and produces adrenaline.

Kilimanjaro-1.jpg
Kilimanjaro, my personal longest distance boom; 65 yard diameter flight (204 yds in the air). It's a stick.

MTA-1.jpg
My MTA (Maximum Time Aloft). Longest recorded flight: 17.5 minutes in the air.

Boom2.jpg
Boom1.jpg
Rang6.jpg
Rang4.jpg

PS The longest MTA throw ever was by a guy named Gary Broadbent at a school demo. It caught a thermal and flew away, and was found the next day 175 MILES away!!!

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
British comedy (love it!)

Magic: the Gathering (mainly Online)

Watching rugby and snooker
So many of these pastimes have become so infrequent after having become a father.

roudoudou

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2012
Montreal
I collect shares, as in stock equity!! I know: I'm some capitalist guy!

Would you Americans believe but... I'me French!

I take that from my grandpa, who used to smoke pipe (he died at 97, and my grandma still alive at 101!!!!!)
Like those boomerangs!

Aug 1, 2012
USA
My hobbies outside the pipe are computers/programming/games; music (guitar and tuba mostly); brewing beer and mead; and cars. I also dabble in other things like compulsively trying out for Jeopardy and woodworking. My current project car is a '79 Plymouth Volare Roadrunner edition sort of like this.
0703_mopp_02_z+1976_plymouth_volare+front_view.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.