PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Must be this one. It is a stunner:
XQM1F0m.jpg
Now that one really is a burnout,unlike many posted here asking if they are.
A bit of pipe mud should fix it

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
3 mortas
A Josef Prammer. If the age of morta is predicated by its mineral content (and hence density) then this is one old piece of wood.image.jpgNext is a Reiner Thilo -a deeply blasted morta with horn shaft extension

image.jpg

Next a Domagoj Telisman (Dotter Pipes) with black bamboo shank extension

image.jpg

Last edited:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
If the age of morta is predicated by its mineral content (and hence density) then this is one old piece of wood.

Fun fact: The mineral content is indeed directly connected to age.

The black morta pipemakers use is usually around 8,000 years old and about 10% stone.

Objects that reach 100% mineral content and no longer contain any organic material are even given a special name... we call 'em fossils.

That's something to ponder while sipping on your VaPer while reading a book, innit? When the thing in your hand was living wood, Mammoths and (if it's an extra-old piece) Sabertooth Tigers were walking around.

Maybe one even brushed up against the very peice of morta you're holding. :oops:

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
This is the most I’ve spent on an 8 Day Matching Set. It’s also the only 8 day matching set I own. Ryan Alden is a true talent.

He even made a gorgeous stand.
View attachment 165632View attachment 165633
8 day set is a new idea to me. Is the thinking behind an 8 day set that you smoke 2 on one day? I’ll have to tell my wife. I mentioned to her I was one Ser Jacopo away from a seven day set and she thought I was making something up😆. She’ll never believe the 8 day is real.
NICE pipes by the way!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
8 day set is a new idea to me. Is the thinking behind an 8 day set that you smoke 2 on one day? I’ll have to tell my wife. I mentioned to her I was one Ser Jacopo away from a seven day set and she thought I was making something up😆. She’ll never believe the 8 day is real.
NICE pipes by the way!
The 8 Day Matching Set is because I need 8 days to get everything done.

Actually it started as a 7 Day set, but I got carried away and 8 Day is unique.