PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I don't know if my pipes quality as high end or not. The majority of my collection are Castellos, but at the same time most are Searocks and none are smooths, let alone fine straight grains. So, I have a bunch of pipes made my the best maker (in my opinion) but they are the lowest grade they make. Oh dear me, what to do... what to do??? puffy
Why, SHOW THEM! SHOW THEM!

TexJake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2022
Hill Country, TX
I don't know if my pipes quality as high end or not. The majority of my collection are Castellos, but at the same time most are Searocks and none are smooths, let alone fine straight grains. So, I have a bunch of pipes made my the best maker (in my opinion) but they are the lowest grade they make. Oh dear me, what to do... what to do??? puffy
I agree with Sable, show em! I personally really like the sea rocks.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That does surprise me. I believe I can fix this for you. Just get me a couple of addresses and you will have the worlds best collection. I know some guys. lol
The very best stuff rarely shows up on eBay or at pipe shows, at least publicly. The real rarities are sold privately through contacts in the piping community. I do have a few of those items, but some have hundreds of them. All you need are the contacts and a very deep deep pocket, way deeper than mine.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
Well what an adventure. Obviously I've not mastered the finer points of pipe photograghy with an iPhone. You may need to stand on your head for a better view, since, as a card-carrying dinosaur, I don't know how to rotate these photos. Anyway these are not " high end", but they pass for that within my budget. Represented here, not in order : Castello, Ser Jacop0, don Carlos, and Cavicchi. I like straight grains a lot. The don Carlos billiard has a cool ring grain which may not be discernible in these pics.
The last photo is a pipe cabinet I made, so these could have a proper home.
fun thread.

doncarlos dublin large.jpegdoncarlos dublin.jpegdoncarlos 2 large.jpegdon carlos 2.jpegcastello.jpegcastello closeup.jpegdoncarlos billiard large.jpegdoncarlos billiard.jpegcavicchi large.jpegcavicchi.jpeg
serjacopo large.jpegserjacopo .jpeg
pip cab open.jpeg

Attachments

• castello.jpeg
    castello.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
  • castello.jpeg
    castello.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Sorry, I have all notifications turned off. Their okay but I wouldn't pay the inflated prices that Blue Room is charging for them. Right now Andrey is in a position of being unable to export anything.

Hi @Chasing Embers I actually thought you had me ignored.

Thank you kindly for your reply, please accept my apologies if I might of gotten under your skin before. You are very respected here by me, I really love reading about all your knowledge and sharing here.

I would of assumed the war was having a very negative impact on his business. Ahh, the prices he was selling in the past on the Pipe Smokers Den were quite nice.

Thanks again, it means a lot to me, that you replied! :)

Take care!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hi @Chasing Embers I actually thought you had me ignored.

Thank you kindly for your reply, please accept my apologies if I might of gotten under your skin before. You are very respected here by me, I really love reading about all your knowledge and sharing here.

I would of assumed the war was having a very negative impact on his business. Ahh, the prices he was selling in the past on the Pipe Smokers Den were quite nice.

Thanks again, it means a lot to me, that you replied! :)

Take care!
Usually I check on threads that I have several posts in or click the last page to see what's new. I've noticed a few times that I've gotten quoted a couple of times but leaving notifications on finds me waking up to 30+ notifications and was just getting to be a hassle to sort through. I bought that set for $250/pipe as carving is his only income and I wanted to help out and he threw the stand in for free.

b3e78104fa37.jpg

I got the purple morta one for Visions of Celephäis and the red one for Miskatonic Mixture. I primarily smoke meerschaum so my other pipes don't get much attention these days.

20220903_171432.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.