PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Left handed here. Write, throw, eat, use knives and other tools left handed. But I'm right eye dominant, so I use scissors and shoot right handed. I can recall being given those stupid green handled scissors for left handers in grade school, just to use in my right hand - then getting criticized for not cutting the lines properly. Idiots.

I also play guitar right handed - it never made sense to me to play "left handed" guitar, since my most dexterous hand was left, I always thought that should be the one you fret with. There have been several famous guitarist who are left handed but play righty. Gary Moore, Joe Perry (Aeorsmith), Duane Allman, Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) just to name a quick few. I also suspect Yngwie Malmsteen, since he wears watch on the right wrist, a clear sign of left handedness.

Sidehatch

Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Lefty here but like others I do some things righty.
Left: write, eat, throw, bowl, shoot a basketball, swing a bat, operate
Right: Hockey stick, bass guitar, golf, eye dominance

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
If you’re right handed, why are you conducting a poll about left handers?

Are you targeting the opposition?

Are you trying to figure out who the smarter among us are?

Are you trying to figure out how oppressed my people are?

Now I’m grateful I’m left handed.

👀
oh he just wants to round them up and put them in a special left handed "utopia" that's all. Don't worry about it. Oh you told him, at least you know where your shovel is ;).

• Love
Reactions: ashdigger

ADKPiper

Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
I'm a leftie. Not politically though.
Being left handed served me well as a baseball pitcher. Which put me through college.
Like most lefties I do many things rightly.
Shooting a rifle, playing guitar for instance. I'm not entirely sure about the left/right brain issue. I may have a high capability for "visualizing". I've been a programmer for 25 years and I've found that I seem to have knack for visualizing an overall solution while others seem better at assembling solutions from modules. It might owe to experience. But I think it's always been there.

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
Left handed for writing, eating, smoking, right handed for everything else. Right eye domimant. My wife and youngest daughter are leftys as well. I'm actually surprised by the amount of leftys here.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As mentioned, my older sister was left handed, and I'm happy to report that it was never an issue. My parents never had any question about it at all. My wife's mom was "reformed" into a right hander, so she was entirely ambidextrous. She was a good mathematician, but spent her life farming, and took over those responsibilities when her father died, since the brothers had all moved on, and raised cattle on into her eighties.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I'm left-handed, as was my mother. Though the nuns in parochial school tried their best to force me to write right-handed -- still have knuckle scars to prove it. I prefer a fountain pen and since I'm an underwriter I don't get ink on my hand, spiral notebooks were clearly invented by the unenlightened.