PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Approximately 12% of the population is left handed. Certain demographics of people seemingly have a higher percentage of left handed people (i.e. musicians).

I'm curious as to the forum membership here. Curiosity only.

I'm right handed.
I don’t know. Just looking at videos most guitarists are right handed. Paul McCartney notable exception.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
If you’re right handed, why are you conducting a poll about left handers?

Are you targeting the opposition?

Are you trying to figure out who the smarter among us are?

Are you trying to figure out how oppressed my people are?

Now I’m grateful I’m left handed.

👀
If we're fighting, then shirts off. But personally, I'd rather have a pipe and a cocktail.

While curiosity killed the cat, this pipe maker apparently makes left handed pipes (I'm hoping the link works since I believe they updated the site).

Reactions: fMf Piper

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
If we're fighting, then shirts off. But personally, I'd rather have a pipe and a cocktail.

While curiosity killed the cat, this pipe maker apparently makes left handed pipes (I'm hoping the link works since I believe they updated the site).

Nobody is fighting. Because I could take you all with my righteous left hand.

To my right handed friends. It’s time to admit your oppression.

Then let’s go have a drink with a cup that has a handle of the wrong side.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I'm not sure if I am left handed or ambidextrous. While I write, eat, smoke and shoot (firearms) left handed, everything else is right. I throw, bat, fish, shoot (hockey) and kick, right handed/footed.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Yes the old narrative of the right and the left side of the brain. But things are more complex as just that.

As far as I remember are the sides of the body connected to the halfs where they stay, but eyes and ears to the opposite brain half. And in addition the two halfs are connected to each other with a data highway. Most of the parts are evenly connected to each other.

So to say one uses only or mainly the one part of the brain is a strange assumption, as long as there wasn’t made a surgical cut through the data highway, I don’t remember the right terminus, as done in the 1970 with persons which suffered epilepsy.