PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
My worry is a little different. I'm worried that the demand was so high that they quickly sold out the first pressing and then rushed the subsequent pressings to get the tobacco out the door. I hope that's not the case, but it wouldn't surprise me if the later batches don't necessarily resemble the first few.

I would hope they have too much pride to do that. Anyway, has anyone actually tasted this blend to even say how great or not it is?

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I tried it. I need to smoke it several more times over the course of the next half a year or so before I can form a lasting opinion. Since it's a permanent addition to the Peretti portfolio I suppose I can do that rather than need to rush a decision to stock up on it or not. I got significant tongue bite from it, which I hope will abate as the tobacco ages out. Here's my initial thoughts:

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I tried it. I need to smoke it several more times over the course of the next half a year or so before I can form a lasting opinion. Since it's a permanent addition to the Peretti portfolio I suppose I can do that rather than need to rush a decision to stock up on it or not. I got significant tongue bite from it, which I hope will abate as the tobacco ages out. Here's my initial thoughts:

I am still waiting on my package. I’m glad I only bought a small amount myself since they will be making it a regular blend

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Anybody tried their tobacco? I’m curious about it!

After I received the email announcing the May 1 debut of Peretti’s 150th Anniversary Blend, I waited until Monday May 4 to call in an order. Steve Willett (the owner of Peretti) was the one who answered the phone. He told me they were already swamped with orders and someone would call me the end of the week to get my credit card info. When I didn’t get a call by the end of the week I called the next week. Steve answered the phone again, asking my patience since they were deluged with orders plus needed to do a second pressing since the initial run vanished quickly. Still haven’t heard from them but as a customer of Peretti’s for years I know they will eventually come through. In the meantime I will have to live vicariously reading the impressions of those lucky enough to have received some, and suffer enjoying Cuban Mixture, Park Square, Tashkent, and 432.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I ordered some 150 Flake on 5/13, and haven’t received a shipping email yet. I wrote them two days ago asking if everything went through okay for them on my end of the transaction, but haven’t heard back. This is my first time ordering from them, so I’m not familiar with their time frames. I read above about a “second pressing” of the Flake. Anybody know if it will be ready soon? I’m guessing that’s the reason behind my current delay.

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I h
I ordered some 150 Flake on 5/13, and haven’t received a shipping email yet. I wrote them two days ago asking if everything went through okay for them on my end of the transaction, but haven’t heard back. This is my first time ordering from them, so I’m not familiar with their time frames. I read above about a “second pressing” of the Flake. Anybody know if it will be ready soon? I’m guessing that’s the reason behind my current delay.
I ordered the same day. Same situation as well!

Reactions: lightmybriar

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
Has anyone tried LJP Boylston? It is their Amaretto Cavendish. I am getting ready to place an order for my other LJP favorites (to many to list) and have never seen anyone mention Boylston. I have tried their Coffee, but not as lush as I was hoping.
My usual favorites, outside most all of their flakes, are Crown, Pride of Loch Lomond, Boston Slices, etc.

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I ordered 5oz on 5/16. Emailed them over the weekend, and got a response on Tuesday. They told me they are just catching up, and that they expect mine to be filled this week....I'd think yours would be along the same timeline.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Not intentionally. I just happened to be placing an order with Peretti for other stuff and picked up a 1oz bag of anniversary just for the hell of it. But now that I've tested it I may order more.

And yes, it took forever to arrive... I've never seen such slow service from any vendor. I'd pretty much written it off as a lost cause and then it showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.