Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I've smoked a couple of bowls. I found it rich, syrupy sweet with the Red Va leading the way. I hated to say this but it is reminiscent of McClelland Va Flake. Quite good but a bitey. Let it dry a lot before smoking.

I didn't get the syrupy part you're finding, but the McClelland part I get. It has that red VA plus vinegar quality. And yes, bitey too. Dry it for sure.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
@hoosierpipeguy

Did yours come from a tin by any chance? From what I've read the tinned version has a much heavier wine note. I just got a one ounce sample in a plastic bag and much of that topping may have evaporated off, Could account for our different experience of the blend.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
@hoosierpipeguy

Did yours come from a tin by any chance? From what I've read the tinned version has a much heavier wine note. I just got a one ounce sample in a plastic bag and much of that topping may have evaporated off, Could account for our different experience of the blend.

It was bulk. When I say syrupy, I mean the kind of molasses sweet flavors you can get from red and dark virginias. Not much citrus with the 150th.

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
This bit the heck out of my tongue and mouth. Deffinitely will try again, but so weary. IM on day three of recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.