Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Many of you ordered some of the new Peretti 150th Anniversary Flake promptly last Friday when it was released. I noticed my credit card hadn't been charged for a week now so I called up to see if everything is okay with my order. Just wanted to let anyone know who may have placed an order for this flake that there's a backlog of approximately 200 orders at the moment. They're currently fulfilling orders on a first-come-first-served basis and pressing more flake to meet demand.

"Blend 150 is medium in strength with a rich, subtly sweet flavor of dates and vintage port. It is reminiscent of our discontinued "Scottish Flake" but with greater complexity."

I'm very curious about this blend, especially since they compare it to Sottish Flake. In my opinion much will rely upon the fundamental quality of the leaf that they use. Hopefully it's worthy of the 150th Anniversary designation it bears.

whitebar

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
I just noticed mine shipped today. I ordered on day one so it looks like they are getting it out the door. Can't wait to try it as I've been hoarding my last two ounces of Scottish Flake. I know the 150th Anniversary won't be the same but hopefully it will scratch the itch a little bit.

Reactions: greeneyes

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I just noticed mine shipped today. I ordered on day one so it looks like they are getting it out the door. Can't wait to try it as I've been hoarding my last two ounces of Scottish Flake. I know the 150th Anniversary won't be the same but hopefully it will scratch the itch a little bit.
I agree. Don't quite want to get my hopes up but... I do.
I ordered over the phone so I don't get a shipping confirmation associated with my account. Small price to pay for not having to request a new debit card from the bank.

Reactions: artvandelay007

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Mine just arrived this afternoon. Tomorrow is my birthday. I’ll be out in the kayak with some 150 in the morning, ended up being perfect timing! Happy smokes, spring is finally arriving up here in New England.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Mine arrived as well. I'm trying to decide where I think this leaf comes from. The appearance and aroma are very enticing. The humidity seems fine out of the can, so I rubbed one flake out and put it into a Virginia billiard I have that is too new to have a residual ghost of anything else. This flake reminds me of 4th Generation Small Batch Aged Virginia. It has a formidable tongue bite, and the bowl got quite hot even with moderate puffing. It tastes somehow like a fusion of Gawith and Mac Baren material. It's pleasant but subdued--only slightly, and not artificially, sweet--but lacked the depth of body of McClelland (although its appearance and tin note were similar). These qualities didn't survive the heat however. I'll have to try this a little drier, a little more finely rubbed out, and again after a few months. There must be a preponderance of Danish tobacco in here, although I don't believe it's the sole contribution. Gawith, C&D, Scandinavian don't bite like this, although it might be the additives but I doubt it. People who enjoyed 4th Generation Small Batch Aged Virginia will likely enjoy this.

thumbnail_IMG_20200516_142312.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20200516_142322.jpg

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
Mine arrived as well. I'm trying to decide where I think this leaf comes from. The appearance and aroma are very enticing. The humidity seems fine out of the can, so I rubbed one flake out and put it into a Virginia billiard I have that is too new to have a residual ghost of anything else. This flake reminds me of 4th Generation Small Batch Aged Virginia. It has a formidable tongue bite, and the bowl got quite hot even with moderate puffing. It tastes somehow like a fusion of Gawith and Mac Baren material. It's pleasant but subdued--only slightly, and not artificially, sweet--but lacked the depth of body of McClelland (although its appearance and tin note were similar). These qualities didn't survive the heat however. I'll have to try this a little drier, a little more finely rubbed out, and again after a few months. There must be a preponderance of Danish tobacco in here, although I don't believe it's the sole contribution. Gawith, C&D, Scandinavian don't bite like this, although it might be the additives but I doubt it. People who enjoyed 4th Generation Small Batch Aged Virginia will likely enjoy this.

View attachment 30034View attachment 30036
Did you smoke it yet? This one is interesting. Did you pick up the wine (maybe port) like Scottish flake had?

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Did you smoke it yet? This one is interesting. Did you pick up the wine (maybe port) like Scottish flake had?
Yes I smoked it. I picked up a little wine but it wasn't sweet. The underlying tobacco isn't sweet. It was somewhat dry, like dry tannic wine. It's definitely not McClelland although the appearance and smell got my hope up a bit. It's good, but bites like a son of a gun. I need to revisit it once it mellows out, and perhaps dry it a little more and rub it out further.

Reactions: artvandelay007

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
Yes I smoked it. I picked up a little wine but it wasn't sweet. The underlying tobacco isn't sweet. It was somewhat dry, like dry tannic wine. It's definitely not McClelland although the appearance and smell got my hope up a bit. It's good, but bites like a son of a gun. I need to revisit it once it mellows out, and perhaps dry it a little more and rub it out further.
Hopefully you can tame that bite. Sometime these bite like crazy where other people don’t get that and sometime others report it but I don’t get it at all. If it bites too much it just totally ruins it.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

View attachment 30034View attachment 30036
Looks wetter than the dickens to me.

• Wow
Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.