PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Awww, come on now, when you write like that, I add yet another blend I have to go out and buy. I'll never get to retire. :(
Dude it's sick. Seriously. It took me a long time to "get" straight Virginia tobacco. Marlin flake is definitely up there on a short list of the VAs that showed me the light. SG Full Virgina Flake is another. FVF is a bit more forgiving of a tobacco. Marlin Flake is finicky. I find that both give up their deepest secrets when loosely folded and stuff and slowly sipped.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Late night, at least for me it is, finds me with

the last bit of a bowl of Red Rapparee in the Emerald.

Best to all.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think Phil (Ohin3) and I are on the same wavelength. I just had one of those sublime tobacco experiences with H&H's Louisiana Red in a GBD bulldog. All the elements came together in unison to create one of those moments we pipesters live for.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
The magic drink for the first bowl was a finger and a half of Bowmore 12 year. The second was a glass of iced water and a small glass of pineapple, passion fruit, guava juice. Today it is blazing hot and humid as hell. No pipes just beach. Pipe later.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bob's tantalizing review of C&D's Sunday Picnic, and the tin description
Golden Virginias are combined with Perique and Izmir Turkish for a delicious and memorable flake tobacco

whetted my appetite for a Vaper with Izmir. The timing wasn't right for placing another order, so I mixed H&H's Louisiana Red (not a flake) with C&D's Izmir. It smoked pretty well in a GBD bent pot; and was one of my rare homebrew successes. I'm gonna have to try their flake.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Good morning. It's Astleys No. 55

in the Flying Dragon. Best to all.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Pstlpkr Said: Very nice pipe Bob, gorgeous!
Cortezattic Said: I agree, Gilbert produces pipes with great visual balance.
Ohin3 Said: Bob that pipe is down right beautiful. How does she smoke?
Thanks guys. I love that pipe. Bob Gilbert does some great work on both the aesthetics and the engineering of his pipes. He drills the airway wider than normal and it fits a fluffy cleaner easily. It doesn't gurgle at all either. Phil, it smokes like a dream.
You can read more about his pipes, see more photos, and watch our interview with him here:
Artisan Pipe Maker Bob Gilbert Interview

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Nice pipes Pstlpkr and Mlaug!
Last night was some C&D Manhattan Afternoon in my Luciano Pease/di Piazza poker:
luciano-pease-dipiazza-poker2-600x267.jpg

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Hobie: Bowmore 12 year is a single malt whisky from the Islay region of Scotland. Here is a link if you are interested. http://www.bowmore.co.uk/age-verification
has an underlying sweetness that persists through the typical Islay flavours of Iodine, roasted seaweed, smoke and peat. The sweetness stays with you all the way through the finish and the alcohol level is enough to make your gums sting a bit when you swish it. A very well made whisky and rather affordable at $45.00 for a 750ml bottle.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
has an underlying sweetness that persists through the typical Islay flavours of Iodine, roasted seaweed, smoke and peat. The sweetness stays with you all the way through the finish and the alcohol level is enough to make your gums sting a bit when you swish it. A very well made whisky and rather affordable at $45.00 for a 750ml bottle.
Wow, scares me, and I'm fearless. Thanks for the link. I'm getting a fine education on here...it's a whole new world.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Good evening. It's G&H's Happy Brown Bogie

in the Andreas Bauer Prince. Best to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.