Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Half and Half in my Dad's old Erik Nording #7
ErikNording7.jpg

The Erik Nording Signature #7 is in the lower left corner.

The others from top to bottom:

Fat Apple Cavicchi

Brebbia Lectura Churchwarden

and my 20 year old MM cob

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Good for you Pstlpkr. It's a special smoke to be able to have in your Father's

Pipes. For me, it's Dorchester in the Pasha. Best to all.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
This is my longer than usual post, but I would have never believed it would happen so soon. I drove down to Charlotte to visit the TinderBox store....great place actually in the lower parking garage of the Mall. I had a great time sniffing all the jars of bulk, and asked Byron if they had any 1Q, and he said sure, but we call it "Wilshire". So curiosity got the best of me and I loaded a bowl up for the ride home, and Son of Bisquit Eater, I had an instant flashback to 33 years ago, and it was the same thing that I use to buy at the small B&M store back in Ohio. I thought for sure that I would never find that same blend in existence today. Life is good.
So be prepared to see me post up a lot of 1Q reports. I am anxious to start mixing up some of these new blends to the 1Q...should be great fun.
I also got to hold some actual A1 quality pipes while I was there. Now I can see why you would want to pay 250.00 for a pipe.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Marlin Flake in a Father and Son straight blasted tomato. To be quickly followed by a bowl of Marlin Flake in a Dunhill blasted Quaint. Damp hazy Nova Scotia night and the VA smoke is just hanging in the air around you at all times. Slowly sipped I get pralines and sweet spice in the mouth and my head is engulfed by a steady halo of thick sweet potato pie smoke. Sublime smokes indeed on nights like these...sublime.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Marlin Flake in a Father and Son straight blasted tomato. To be quickly followed by a bowl of Marlin Flake in a Dunhill blasted Quaint. Damp hazy Nova Scotia night and the VA smoke is just hanging in the air around you at all times. Slowly sipped I get pralines and sweet spice in the mouth and my head is engulfed by a steady halo of thick sweet potato pie smoke. Sublime smokes indeed on nights like these...sublime.
Awww, come on now, when you write like that, I add yet another blend I have to go out and buy. I'll never get to retire. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.