PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
An abomination of a fad from the mid 1990's. They made huge blue jeans. The brand is pronounced "jinko" but stylized as "JNCO." Famous for their absurdly wide leg jeans. The pics below are about as bad as they got, though in fairness there were a bunch that weren't nearly that huge.

View attachment 40637
THESE ARE KIKWEAR BRO.

I had quite a few pair though none that actually flared out like that lol

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
THESE ARE KIKWEAR BRO.

I had quite a few pair though none that actually flared out like that lol

Solid memory, 10/10. Apparently I've forgotten the finer points of late 90's raver style... Kikwear Phat Pants! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
CapitalHopefulDrongo-size_restricted.gif

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Barefoot outside here is torture. The ground is like spikes and the cement has all sorts of sticks or acorn debris. Or tiny ass rocks.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I only wear shoes when I'm forced to, otherwise its flip flops.. I'll even do socks with them on those two or three cold days we have.

I wear flip flops here all summer. There is an old "men should not wear sandals" thing that still persists. I kind of get it, sort of like seeing a man in a suit every day then seeing him in his pajamas. If you know any men in a position of authority, like serious businessmen, construction foremen, military servicemen, etc., just think of them in a pair of flip flops - it would be a little harder to take them seriously. In any event, I'd rather not have my feet be a stinking sweating mess, and I appreciate the minimalism of the flip flop, so they are my go-to summertime footwear.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I wear flip flops here all summer. There is an old "men should not wear sandals" thing that still persists. I kind of get it, sort of like seeing a man in a suit every day then seeing him in his pajamas. If you know any men in a position of authority, like serious businessmen, construction foremen, military servicemen, etc., just think of them in a pair of flip flops - it would be a little harder to take them seriously. In any event, I'd rather not have my feet be a stinking sweating mess, and I appreciate the minimalism of the flip flop, so they are my go-to summertime footwear.

Haha yep flip flops are simple as hell.

I guess what you're describing is like how it's terrible to be seen in a shirt, no pants, but with socks.. It's the biggest disadvantage a man can be caught in.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
Yup, although I did wear proper dress shoes when I got married, as soon as we were done with the pictures afterwards, I donned my flip flops with the suit. Got pictures to prove it too :col:

Status
Not open for further replies.