PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rorrer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2014
Lockhart, Texas USA
Title edited for caps. See rule 9.

... than the sound of one of your favorite pipes hitting the concrete floor?

Was having a smoke in my garage workshop this morning with a little Dunhill 1110 Liverpool. Went to grab it from its perch on a wall ledge and somehow clumsily dropped it.

I think I squealed like a little girl. I'm sure my heart skipped a beat.

Luckily, the pipe is just fine. Can't even find a dent or scratch. I'm sure the lightness of the pipe helped it emerge unscathed.

Sheesh. First world problems I know, but still ...

C.Rorrer

Last edited by a moderator:

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
New iPod hitting the pavement isn’t a good sound either… and then that squeamish glance as your eyes begin to focus on the cracked screen?

Reactions: JOHN72

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
I've had much worse. One of our cats loves to climb up on shelves, the higher the better. Last month he got into my library where I keep my pipes and decided to explore the shelf where several of my pipes were sitting knocking 12 of them 51/2 feet to the wood floor below and unfortunately there were casualties. 5 tenons were broken

The culpritIMG_1359.jpg

The Pipes
IMG_1520.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
worst sound I heard was...
I had a dead tooth that had to be snapped out of my head. I choose to not get put under and trust me there is something horrible about hearing a bone snap coming from inside your head. They have you hooked up to a monitor that shows your bp and damn it spiked hard for a few seconds after that sound.

• Wow
Reactions: Donb1972 and JOHN72