Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
No , there is no worst sound and a hard wooden wenge floor will do fine too.
I once dropped a wonderful, unsmoked Barry Jones period carved JU pipe and the tenon of course snapped.
It happened ten minutes after Ken Barnes and I discussed the very pipe.
I felt like falling out of a window...forever. My mood was spoiled for at least two days.
Can be I'm overly sensitive though.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I had a pressed meerschaum no-name 'cutty' that I used to post on here. It was French and it was a piece of crap but I used to smoke it quite a lot. I dropped that on the floor one day and it completely exploded - I mean faux amber stem of Bakelite and bowl just atomized. The only piece I ever found was the bone tenon and that showed up about two weeks later about 15 feet from the point of impact. Some of you older denizens of this forum might remember the pipe since Rick of Briarville tried to color it by dipping it in coffee. It really didn't color and just added to the total 'piece of crap' feel that the pipe exuded.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
We really didn't think the coyotes sounded all that bad, and there was no mess left behind.
Oops, this appears to be real in California - at least in terms of urban coyotes attacking kids - if I need to get both of my feet out of my mouth, I'll yank hard!

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Is There a Worse Sound...
... than the sound of one of your favorite pipes hitting the concrete floor?

C.Rorrer

Apparently you've never dropped an infant. It's bad enough when you let one slip in the yard of soft grass but the sound of one hitting the drive way is WAY, WAY, WAY worse than the sound of your favorite pipe hitting concrete. It's seconded only by the horrific sound your wife makes when she discovers what you did by giving the kid a bath and wipes away the makeup you used to cover up the bruise.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
You want a horrendous sound? Try pissing out kidney stones through a stent they shoved up your dick so you can piss which feels like you are pissing glass. Try that on for size. Oh yeah when you are done pissing out the stones, they yank the fucking stent with no nonvaccine or any pain meds. It is medieval torture shit.

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
You want a horrendous sound? Try pissing out kidney stones through a stent they shoved up your dick so you can piss which feels like you are pissing glass. Try that on for size. Oh yeah when you are done pissing out the stones, they yank the fucking stent with no nonvaccine or any pain meds. It is medieval torture shit.
I'll pass. (No pun intended, he lied.)

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Acrylic stems snap easier than hell. All it takes is the right angle. I've dropped a few. Round trip ticket to Briarville or wherever. I sneer at the dents. They're just beauty marks, denoting character--the character of the owner, nine times out of ten a drunk. Your experience, of course, any vary.