PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
I‘ve heard this before, but I find that this is a non-argument. If you light a Zippo and wait a few seconds before actually lighting your tobacco, the fuel taste evaporates.
I've heard that also, but I was taught how to light a Cigar from a old Gentleman who owned and worked at his Tobacco shop all his life. He told me about the zippo fuel which has stuck with me all these years.

When I did smoke cigarettes I used a zippo lighter to light them, but never inhaled the "Lighting Draw" as it tasted of lighter fluid.
I guess I never let my zippo burn long enough to rid it of the smell of the fluid, but I very rarely see anyone light a good cigar with a Zippo. Thanks for the information though :)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
No; it means you need to send each moderator a tin of his favorite tobacco. For me, Margate will do.

Please PM me when you are ready to send and I'll PM you my address.
I just sent you a large bag of a wonderful blend. Don't pay any attention to the markings on the bag that say "Churchhill Downs". And be sure you let us know if it tastes natural enough for you. puffy

Apr 25, 2022
Don't say a Bic.

Is there any nicer lighters out there that don't leak? My Zippo is perpetually empty and I've tried all the tricks.

I bought an old stock IMCO and even that leaks, although not as much.

Has anyone made a liquid fueled / gas fueled lighter that never leaks?
Hi Mike
In exasperation with a Xikar “Resolute “ lighter that only lasted 3 months before it became uncontrollable and I could “weld” with it! I stumbled across Smokingpipes.eu in Dublin Ireland .

I am a perfectionist and reliability is what I strive for .

Most all my woodworking precision machinery is INCA from Switzerland.

I just ordered a Japanese Kiribi Tomo Gold for 88 Euros or $93.69 and spare flints At the same time 20/corked bottle .

Looks like an Old Boy but then IM ‘s Old Boy is through Xikar whom I will never buy anything again ,cause they jerk you around with opening a “Case File ‘ ,really not customer service at all. So similar to Canadian retailers making you beg to get customer service!!

Ive bought 3 Savinelli Bent Apple ? rusticated pipes, Petersen pipe ,9mm and Savinelli 6mm charcoal filters and have no qualms recommending them highly.
Within 8 days ( day by day tracking) their parcels arrive here in Raleigh NC to my door by US Post. Shipping is 8 euros or free over a certain amount.
Hope this helps beat risking your pipe’s briars with uncontrollable Bic flames.
Cheers -Old Brown Tr

Reactions: jpmcwjr

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
These give me a few extra days on the Zippo: https://www.amazon.com/5PCS-Lighter-Evaporation-Gasket-Black/dp/B07N4G13RG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=38IVSRPG1U7JT&keywords=lighter+gasket&qid=1651364166&sprefix=lighter+gas,aps,132&sr=8-1
51zwpkWnIWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
I just bought a set of six and will never need more than two. If you would like to try one, send me a message and I’ll drop one in the mail for you.