PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I only watched a few seconds, he mentioned putting up a B&M Shop, it will be interesting to see if this happens... hmm 🤔
Evidently it didn't. He posted a rant over the fact that he needed to do paperwork with the state for a B&M with a strong online presence and quoted Patrick Henry. It was like Foghorn Leghorn in full ballistic mode.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I don't know much about Youtube and how it's monetized but is this guy making money with 3k subscribers? Maybe as a side gig I could start a channel with me smoking with my cat. I'd call it the Pussypiper. I wouldn't say anything but people could just watch me smoke while my cat stares out the window of my truck.
View attachment 190659
oh he isn't making money off that site. Which makes the intro weird. Might be one of those ones where someone is funding him. There are more people on youtube that get paid to present opinion or propaganda. But whatever money there isn't coming from youtube. Does he promote any businesses on there?

Anyone who thinks that this accent is fake should visit Montgomery, Alabama, where everyone talks like an 18th century plantation owner. It so weird. Even people I know that were merely elected to a seat there were talking like this after just a few weeks. A midsized city, it’s so weird.

But, as far as the video, I just don’t care for videos where you watch someone talk. I will watch YouTube to see how to change the master brake cylinder, or how to adjust hydraulic brakes on my bicycle. But…

Ehh, luckily… I don’t have an accent. puffy

Last edited:

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Anyone who thinks that this accent is fake should visit Montgomery, Alabama, where everyone talks like an 18th century plantation owner. It so weird. Even people I know that were merely elected to a seat there were talking like this after just a few weeks. A midsized city, it’s so weird.

But, as far as the video, I just don’t care for videos where you watch someone talk. I will watch YouTube to see how to change the master brake cylinder, or how to adjust hydraulic brakes on my bicycle. But…

Ehh, luckily… I don’t have an accent. puffy
Aw man you mentioning your master brake cylinder got me thinking about that thread you posted about the shop that used cleaners and air fresheners in your car. rotf

MrHowell

Might Stick Around
Sep 6, 2022
West Virginia
Yep seen the one about talking to the state of KY. About opening a store. Can not blame him why should the state know your information on how much tobacco an individual buys. I’m glad he does what he does you see his face you know who he is he believes in something and he’s not hiding behind a keyboard trashing people. What I’ve looked up about him him and he’s wife actually works. Unlike about half the country.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
He had me when he described Pegasus as a “big, comfortable huuuug.”

Obviously a man of impeccable taste.

His tobacco reviews are very well done. I think he owns a tobacco shop. I’ve heard him say, “we keep this or that in stock” or something to that effect.

If he calls his site Old Carolina and portrays an Old Carolina accent to that theme, what’s wrong with that? It’s quite entertaining.

The criticism is harsh. Remember the Artful Codger videos? He used a 1940’s accent and persona. So what? It was also entertaining.

Live and Let Live. He isn’t hurting a soul.

Yadkin1765

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2022
Maine
Mother's side of the family is from the Smokey Mountains, settled there in the early pioneering days when those mountains were Frontierland. Got family all around the area a great radius cross the state boarders. This guy's accent is 100% affect. He's trying to sound like a Beauregard or Lee. Those vowel intonations are very rare and are so excessively emphasize as to be comical. For the most part, these particular vowel intonations have shifted towards homogeneity in the US. THey'd only be vaguely prevalent in the most isolated of communities. Ocracoke island off NC is one of the rare examples of this sort of isolated vowel intonation. But, you know, you do your thing. I'm ain't judging, but I ain't watch'in neithaah.

MrHowell

Might Stick Around
Sep 6, 2022
West Virginia
Mother's side of the family is from the Smokey Mountains, settled there in the early pioneering days when those mountains were Frontierland. Got family all around the area a great radius cross the state boarders. This guy's accent is 100% affect. He's trying to sound like a Beauregard or Lee. Those vowel intonations are very rare and are so excessively emphasize as to be comical. For the most part, these particular vowel intonations have shifted towards homogeneity in the US. THey'd only be vaguely prevalent in the most isolated of communities. Ocracoke island off NC is one of the rare examples of this sort of isolated vowel intonation. But, you know, you do your thing. I'm ain't judging, but I ain't watch'in neithaah.
Neithaah. Is that one of the isolated vowels. Lol.