PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Aug 1, 2012
This one was held back by having no COM mark to date it.

COM stamp was in pic 2. "Made in England" in a circle.

I paid the same 6 years ago for one with original stem and an acrylic smoking stem with a 3 pc. C. Pretty ok price if you ask me.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
COM stamp was in pic 2. "Made in England" in a circle.

I paid the same 6 years ago for one with original stem and an acrylic smoking stem with a 3 pc. C. Pretty ok price if you ask me.
I think you might be looking at the auction Ebay recommends. Rodrigo confirmed with me there was no COM (also none listed in his description)

Aug 1, 2012
I think you might be looking at the auction Ebay recommends. Rodrigo confirmed with me there was no COM (also none listed in his description)
So not the "treasurepipes" listing? On every device I use I get the treasurepipes listing from your link which clearly shows the COM.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
So not the "treasurepipes" listing? On every device I use I get the treasurepipes listing from your link which clearly shows the COM.
Nope, that is the one! That middle picture wasn't there on Sunday AM. I emailed treasurepipes curious if it had no COM and he replied, that indeed, there was no COM. He must have taken a second look at the pipe and added an additional picture, which does show a COM. But he did not update the detail.

Aug 1, 2012
Nope, that is the one! That middle picture wasn't there on Sunday AM. I emailed treasurepipes curious if it had no COM and he replied, that indeed, there was no COM. He must have taken a second look at the pipe and added an additional picture, which does show a COM. But he did not update the detail.
That would explain it. Odd that he didn't tell you that he found one. He's usually pretty good about that.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Three interesting auctions of note.

Is anyone buying any pipes from Ebay currently - can we trust the mail system to get it to the destination. I bought a Peterson 9BC from Canada last week, it does appear to be getting delivered today.

Sasieni's holding their value.

Interesting Digby shape, known collector.

Secondhand smoker is still selling their Peterson book pipes.

Reactions: burleyboy

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Three interesting auctions of note.

Is anyone buying any pipes from Ebay currently - can we trust the mail system to get it to the destination. I bought a Peterson 9BC from Canada last week, it does appear to be getting delivered today.

Sasieni's holding their value.

Interesting Digby shape, known collector.

Secondhand smoker is still selling their Peterson book pipes.

I bought a pipe rack off the Bay last week and it got from St. Louis to. Jacksonville in 2 days.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's a very niche market within a very niche market. Prices on these old Barling meers have never been particularly robust in the best of times, and this is hardly the best of times.
The silver work is nice, but it's not a pipe that many would smoke, and the market for antique shelf warmers is pretty small. Mid 19th century pipes don't seem to be very desirable. Maybe people think they'll catch plague.

Reactions: mau1

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
This pipe is an interesting piece, but sadly with a slight crack in the bowl.

A Beehive. As I recall Yang has a beautiful specimen in his collection.

Reactions: burleyboy

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This Blue Riband just went for crazy money, over $800.00!

Nice bald spot on the front of the pipe and a fairly buffed down button. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the "winner" certainly wanted this pipe since he beat off all the competition.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Nice bald spot on the front of the pipe and a fairly buffed down button. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the "winner" certainly wanted this pipe since he beat off all the competition.
beat off is correct...
Anything over $300.00 for a Blue Riband is crazy, and it better be mint for $300.