PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, I knew this one would bring some interest, but I didn't see $1,400!

s-l1600.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Treasurepipes is having a big day. 804's don't come up that often. (but one went for half this last week, can't locate that auction)

Found it, guess I should have put in a bid.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Treasurepipes is having a big day. 804's don't come up that often. (but one went for half this last week, can't locate that auction)

Found it, guess I should have put in a bid.
I used t see those go for around $800 to $900 when they showed up. Prices have definitely dropped.

Reactions: dmcmtk

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Are those three-piece spigots? (ie the barrel section separates from the shank/stem)
From the seller's description it is a never used patent configuration. It does seem like a 3 piece silver spigot system. Maybe that is why it never developed into production. I love this kind of stuff, if I was a wealthy man I would buy them.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I was chasing that 804, but I was not successful. I did however pick up a Root Briar in the 120 shape over the weekend for a little less than that 804 went for. Win some, lose some.
:)

Reactions: burleyboy

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here's a fun one. That oxidation isn't coming off without some removal of material, which diminishes the dimensions, I'd love to see the restoration (or tackle it myself!), but well past my cost interest.

And a puzzler. GBD prices are low, but this 9438 brought top dollar. It has significant rim darkening and is certainly not an "older production". In fact, it could even be Cadogan era, by Mike Hagely's assessment (on those full wide stem models). I never quite believed that , but now I'm starting to see the it could be a possibility.

Reactions: burleyboy
Wow! That Sasieni really went high! While I have stopped buying for two months now, I keep an eye out. I looked at it, and realized that oxidation removal is much beyond my league.
Here's a fun one. That oxidation isn't coming off without some removal of material, which diminishes the dimensions, I'd love to see the restoration (or tackle it myself!), but well past my cost interest.

And a puzzler. GBD prices are low, but this 9438 brought top dollar. It has significant rim darkening and is certainly not an "older production". In fact, it could even be Cadogan era, by Mike Hagely's assessment (on those full wide stem models). I never quite believed that , but now I'm starting to see the it could be a possibility.

Wow! That Sasieni really went high! While I have stopped buying for two months now, I keep an eye out. I looked at it, and realized that oxidation removal is much beyond my league.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A few weeks ago, I pointed out a Comoy's 804 and how rare they were. I think there has been three now....
This unsmoked sandblast just ended. I put a half-hearted bid in and got dusted in the final seconds.