PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
No Dunhill ?
No, Dunhill calabashes were to my knowledge always silver mounted. And the stem alignment is very poor. That’s most likely a Pioneer Calabash that someone stuck stem with a white dot on. The bottom of the cup is also cut very poorly and doesn’t transition into the gourd very well. A DH calabash would have had the cup side much more rounded.

Like this.

Reactions: orlandofurioso
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
No, Dunhill calabashes were to my knowledge always silver mounted. And the stem alignment is very poor. That’s most likely a Pioneer Calabash that someone stuck stem with a white dot on. The bottom of the cup is also cut very poorly and doesn’t transition into the gourd very well. A DH calabash would have had the cup side much more rounded.

Like this.

Now that I googled pictures of a Pioneer calabash, hmm .....

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
That’s a lot of money for a pipe with a destroyed stem…

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I think Linwood was disappointed in this one. I'll hang onto mine, that's about $20 over the selling price. (Originally sold for $660 then got stiffed by the buyer)

Thought that was him selling it. He had made the comment on Irwin's blog post about the pipes that he wished it was proportionately bigger. So, he apparently bought it anyway and quickly regretted that decision.

Reactions: AroEnglish

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Damn, was texting with my daughter about her new puppy and missed the B37 I was planning to get by one minute, lol. Honestly, the only pipe that had caught my eye on eBay for awhile - hope someone here landed it.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
I was watching these two tonight.

$719 for an 8-Dot

$186 for this City Deluxe 9242. Too bad it has the awful "Tuskan Lip", by my experience, unsmokeable.