If You Were Stranded On a Deserted Island With Only One Tobacco...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
As a new pipe smoker myself I haven't really a favorite yet. I do prefer (so far) English and Balkan styles heavier on the Latakia, so from what I have right now I'd have to say my White Knight, or go with my very not English (I think?) Luxury Navy Flake. Probably the Navy as the White knight, while a very pleasant experience is sometimes more than I want.

Reactions: OlrikFan

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
I'm not committing to a pipe tobacco because there are too many to chose that I really like.

But I will tell you this...I will definitely bring along a case of BURRO RESERVA No2 cigars, if only to keep the crabs and the cannibals away from my grass shack.... The damn things smell like you just drove across country with your emergency brake on and you can use them to flag down passing ships because they burn like road flairs.

shep

Lurker
Dec 17, 2018
Ok, just for grins, I would have to go with Scotty's Butternut Burley. Would need just a little sweetness to avoid overdosing on coconuts.

Reactions: didimauw
I must take three

1. Reiner Long Golden Flake - It is technically a VaBurPer, but it is to me what a straight Va should be

3. Bold English - Any one of the three, Penzance, Blackhouse Or Nightcap

3. High quality blenders Perique

With these three on hand, I can create a bunch of flavors which I like

Reactions: Elric

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Was tempted to say Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. Then with a knife you could have VA, DFK, or any blend of the two. But I’m sticking with SPC PP SR. It’s just too good.

McBragg

Lurker
Oct 29, 2019
Los Angeles
  1. I will take Penzance
  2. I will build a huge sign - Or Radio Broadcast - Penzance available for trade
  3. Immediately the traders would find me

You're stranded. How are you going to pull permits for all the infrastructure you're building? Plus, keep your sellers permit in a waterproof bag.

I will take an aromatic. It will attract many island girls. I will marry the island girls. Their families will come to the weddings bearing gifts of exotic tobaccos. Perhaps just some 1Q so I can trade up! Since I too plan to get off the island, but maintain contacts once rescued.

j

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
Ironically, my choice would be a blend I don't smoke all that often (for no particularly good reason): MacB Navy Flake. Just seems to hit the right spot any time of the day or night without fatiguing the palate. And I assume I'll be smoking a LOT of it since there wouldn't be much else to do.

Reactions: bnichols23
Status
Not open for further replies.