If You Were Stranded On a Deserted Island With Only One Tobacco...

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

Recent Posts

bnichols23

Preferred Member
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I think my pick would be Erinmore Flake at the moment. It just seems to hit the spot for me a bit more consistently than others I’ve tried so far.
Erinmore (old) was a major fave of mine BITD. I haven't tried the new, but if it's even close..... :)

Drucquers Banner

adui

Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
As a new pipe smoker myself I haven't really a favorite yet. I do prefer (so far) English and Balkan styles heavier on the Latakia, so from what I have right now I'd have to say my White Knight, or go with my very not English (I think?) Luxury Navy Flake. Probably the Navy as the White knight, while a very pleasant experience is sometimes more than I want.

Reactions: OlrikFan

wulfheard

Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
I'm not committing to a pipe tobacco because there are too many to chose that I really like.

But I will tell you this...I will definitely bring along a case of BURRO RESERVA No2 cigars, if only to keep the crabs and the cannibals away from my grass shack.... The damn things smell like you just drove across country with your emergency brake on and you can use them to flag down passing ships because they burn like road flairs.

shep

Dec 17, 2018
Ok, just for grins, I would have to go with Scotty's Butternut Burley. Would need just a little sweetness to avoid overdosing on coconuts.

Reactions: didimauw

cshubhra

Preferred Member
May 11, 2017
I must take three

1. Reiner Long Golden Flake - It is technically a VaBurPer, but it is to me what a straight Va should be

3. Bold English - Any one of the three, Penzance, Blackhouse Or Nightcap

3. High quality blenders Perique

With these three on hand, I can create a bunch of flavors which I like

Reactions: Elric

cshubhra

Preferred Member
May 11, 2017
If op is strict on one tobacco ...

1. I will take blender’s Perique
  2. Build a boat
  3. Visit an island where the Orlik Golden Sliced guys are stranded - Trade some Perique with OGS
  4. Visit an Island where the Penzance guys are stranded. Trade
  5. Now I have all three

• Haha
Reactions: Elric and jpmcwjr

alaskanpiper

Preferred Member
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Was tempted to say Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. Then with a knife you could have VA, DFK, or any blend of the two. But I’m sticking with SPC PP SR. It’s just too good.

McBragg

Oct 29, 2019
Los Angeles
  1. I will take Penzance
  2. I will build a huge sign - Or Radio Broadcast - Penzance available for trade
  3. Immediately the traders would find me
You're stranded. How are you going to pull permits for all the infrastructure you're building? Plus, keep your sellers permit in a waterproof bag.

I will take an aromatic. It will attract many island girls. I will marry the island girls. Their families will come to the weddings bearing gifts of exotic tobaccos. Perhaps just some 1Q so I can trade up! Since I too plan to get off the island, but maintain contacts once rescued.

j

Elric

Preferred Member
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane
tobaccocellar.com
Ironically, my choice would be a blend I don't smoke all that often (for no particularly good reason): MacB Navy Flake. Just seems to hit the right spot any time of the day or night without fatiguing the palate. And I assume I'll be smoking a LOT of it since there wouldn't be much else to do.

Reactions: bnichols23

Drucquers Banner